Forums

Help › Forums

They Fixed The XP Glitch?

Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 6:30 AM

Several members in our club reporting that the glitch has been fixed, as well as no 4 hour crash passes.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 7:04 AM

• HalHoff
    815 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 8:35 AM

Renders our 52 course builders as useless! No need to have Members play them before a regular ranked so they can quickly level up to have access to PURCHASE higher level equipment. They can now play 1/2 the rounds they normally do. Saves on ball hits too.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 8:40 AM

HalHoff:

They can now play 1/2 the rounds they normally do. Saves on ball hits too.

Interesting perspective! Seems to me "they" will use many more ball hits to reach those desired upper levels. 

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 8:41 AM

HalHoff:

Renders our 52 course builders as useless! No need to have Members play them before a regular ranked so they can quickly level up to have access to PURCHASE higher level equipment. They can now play 1/2 the rounds they normally do. Saves on ball hits too.

Course builders were never designed for that purpose. They were so clubs could design custom courses to make playing this game more interesting and fun. When the glitch showed up people just designed custom par 3 courses to take advantage of the glitch. I for one am glad it is gone. My club has many custom courses that have nothing to do with the glitch that are quite fun to play. 

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 9:34 AM

BHenke2:

HalHoff:

Course builders were never designed for that purpose. They were so clubs could design custom courses to make playing this game more interesting and fun. When the glitch showed up people just designed custom par 3 courses to take advantage of the glitch. I for one am glad it is gone. My club has many custom courses that have nothing to do with the glitch that are quite fun to play.

That is laughable. The custom course option was a HUGE failure and it was not being used at all. Once this anomaly (glitch) was discovered it made custom courses relevant and were even being purchased. Now that the "glitch" no longer works it renders the custom courses irrelevant and no CC owner in their right mind would bother with them. This is by far the dumbest thing that I have seen WGT do next to forcing us to use their crappy clubs of the week for the clash. 

Jeff 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 9:50 AM

I'm sorry you hate fun.

_CHAMPION

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:18 AM

jlhoelscher:

That is laughable. The custom course option was a HUGE failure and it was not being used at all. Once this anomaly (glitch) was discovered it made custom courses relevant and were even being purchased. Not that the "glitch" no longer works it renders the custom courses irrelevant and no CC owner in their right mind would bother with them. This is by far the dumbest thing that I have seen WGT do next to forcing us to use their crappy clubs of the week for the clash. 

I don't know what sort of club you're in but ours has a full suite of custom courses that are regularly used and updated.   That they also gave us XP we weren't supposed to earn was meaningless to myself and I'm sure most of the club members.

You weren't earning that extra XP, it was a bug.  WGT fixed it, as they should.

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:31 AM

MainzMan:

jlhoelscher:

That is laughable. The custom course option was a HUGE failure and it was not being used at all. Once this anomaly (glitch) was discovered it made custom courses relevant and were even being purchased. Not that the "glitch" no longer works it renders the custom courses irrelevant and no CC owner in their right mind would bother with them. This is by far the dumbest thing that I have seen WGT do next to forcing us to use their crappy clubs of the week for the clash. 

I don't know what sort of club you're in but ours has a full suite of custom courses that are regularly used and updated.   That they also gave us XP we weren't supposed to earn was meaningless to myself and I'm sure most of the club members.

You weren't earning that extra XP, now pack in crying when someone stops giving you it.

I do not "hate fun" and I am speaking from experience. At 400 credits to purchase a course builder it held little value. WGT experienced little to no sales so they then WGT awarded CCs free course builders and they were slightly being used. (Correct me if I am mistaken, however I am not as I went through all of this). Once the "glitch" came to be the custom courses were being used and even purchased. Forgive me for pointing out facts, but it is what it is, I don't care what your opinion is of me as I know what I am talking about from experience. 

Best to all,

Jeff

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:39 AM

RSS