They Fixed The XP Glitch?

Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:33 AM

• AlaskanDame
    18,992 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:43 AM
    How about improving the value of the course builder (now that we've lost the glitch value) by having its use be more flexible? Like let us use a hole more than once in the same Custom Course? Let us have club tournaments, for instance, where people can practice (and compete about) playing Bethpage 15?
  • psychodad2
    1,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:43 AM

The Glitch was the Reason for many Players to buy the Premium-Membership (including me), now its as good as worthless.

I also think that the players will buy fewer passes, it is a difference if they can contribute about 5000 XP for a Round or 400....

Its your Buisness !

Best Wishes to all .......

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:00 PM

WGTChampion:

Personally I want players to be rewarded their XP for playing the game more often and daily. I feel that it cheapens the experience if players can earn a ridiculous amount of XP because they learned how to break the game. 

_CHAMPION

You can't have it both ways mate, WGT earned a ridiculous amount of money on passes and balls with this, don't even try to deny it. That said, I'm fine with you fixing "the glitch". Good luck with custom sales going forth. 

Jeff

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:15 PM

jlhoelscher:

MainzMan:
    You weren't earning that extra XP, it was a bug.  WGT fixed it, as they should.

If you think that this was a bug and they had no idea about it you are living in fantasyland or you have zero faith in their ability to correct an issue. Which is it? The fact of the matter is that these took a great deal of effort to make, were not being used, and they made them useful and desirable, do not even try to deny that. 

Jeff

I will deny it continue telling the truth. It was a bug. We didn't make some weird bug to sell more course builders. We already give those things out all the time to high level clubs and as clash rewards. I don't know for sure, but I think if we were expecting to make a heap of cash on them we wouldn't give a ton of them out like we do. 

_CHAMPION 

• sesky
    3,295 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:16 PM

Champion, I'm more interested in the timing of this. The "glitch" has existed for what a couple of years and WGT could have fixed the problem in a two hour downtime session at that point but it was allowed to continue.Certainly it had to be known this was happening at WGT Corp. so I'm wondering what business decision prompted the change to back. It certainly wasn't to level the playing field again because it could have been done long ago.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:18 PM

AlaskanDame:
    How about improving the value of the course builder (now that we've lost the glitch value) by having its use be more flexible? Like let us use a hole more than once in the same Custom Course? Let us have club tournaments, for instance, where people can practice (and compete about) playing Bethpage 15?

That's a good point. We're at the end of the year now so any changes on this won't be made until sometime in 2019. I have a notebook full of stuff I need to have meetings about in January. :-P 

_CHAMPION 

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:21 PM

WGTChampion:

I will deny it continue telling the truth. It was a bug. We didn't make some weird bug to sell more course builders. We already give those things out all the time to high level clubs and as clash rewards. I don't know for sure, but I think if we were expecting to make a heap of cash on them we wouldn't give a ton of them out like we do. 

_CHAMPION

My apologies to all, I do not have intimate details as to what it took to correct this issue, I will relate this message to my members. 

Best of wishes to all, 

Jeff

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:27 PM

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:40 PM

sesky:

Champion, I'm more interested in the timing of this. The "glitch" has existed for what a couple of years and WGT could have fixed the problem in a two hour downtime session at that point but it was allowed to continue.Certainly it had to be known this was happening at WGT Corp. so I'm wondering what business decision prompted the change to back. It certainly wasn't to level the playing field again because it could have been done long ago.

To be clear. Issues aren't fixed in a two hour down session. They're fixed well before the downtime and then implemented during the downtime. I was involved in the process by giving all the information I had and working with players to refine that information and get the 100% proper steps. 

I think I mentioned it in a different post already, I think this bug may have been buried for a while under other bugs and features we were trying to get out. 

There was no business decision about the timing of the fix. It has been fixed now because we were able to nail it down in this sprint. You'll notice there were no clubs/courses/features in the mix for this release. This helps in freeing up people to work on other things. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS