Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 11:41 AM

UPDATE TIME

The event is 5:30pm Eastern. 

WGT will have two bays starting at 2:30pm (Eastern) where you can all come say hello and play some Topgolf. I'll update this if I can get the bay numbers today. 

Seems the event will be streamed, from what I have been told it will be on various streaming platforms, and I'll have those links for you as soon as I can. I'm sure we'll also be sharing those links on our Facebook page as well. 

Also I saw someone ask about cost, there is no cost to come and watch the event. 

_CHAMPION 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:23 PM

garyk49:

Wutpa:

justacowboy:

sounds like this event is selling out fast .......lmao

Your posts are unrelentingly, one-note tedious.

If I am not mistaken, this fixes your quoting.  I don't believe that your comment was aimed at either Dandy nor myself.

It does, and it certainly wasn't.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:42 PM

can someone keep an eye out to see if either player wears a glove as part of their pregame warmup to keep their fast twitch muscles in their hand warm?  do they do exercises or stretches, or use kinesio tape... : )   those video taping try to get their warm up routine : ) LOL

okay, all joking aside... am actually interested in seeing/hearing how the event goes... thanks for the updates!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:54 PM

WGTChampion:

UPDATE TIME

WGT will have two bays starting at 2:30pm (Eastern) where you can all come say hello and play some Topgolf. I'll update this if I can get the bay numbers today. 

Seems the event will be streamed, from what I have been told it will be on various streaming platforms, and I'll have those links for you as soon as I can. I'm sure we'll also be sharing those links on our Facebook page as well. 

Also I saw someone ask about cost, there is no cost to come and watch the event. 

_CHAMPION 

Many thumbs up Champ; thx for the update and good news.  :)

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:59 PM

WGTChampion:

UPDATE TIME

_CHAMPION 

Won't be able to attend, unfortunately......  still dealing with aftermath from last weeks storm....   As previously posted,  good luck to the participants and wising all a good time....

A couple of items of interest...

As a past resident of Atlanta, still having family and friends in the area, I'm there pretty frequently........ For those unfamiliar with Atlanta, plan ahead..... this location (Midtown) could be a travel nightmare....traffic, at times, can be a BEAR!!   Don't know about parking facilities local to the venue.... probably be a good idea to research a bit.   As mentioned, traffic can be  a nightmare...so plan to start your travel well in advance.

More importantly.......     WGT Champion, are you breaking out the corporate plastic for Beer & Burgers??   LMFAO....   

I look forward to catching a stream of the event.....

Have fun folks......

--Danny  

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 2:29 PM

LuckySkreet:
    For those unfamiliar with Atlanta, plan ahead..... this location (Midtown) could be a travel nightmare....traffic, at times, can be a BEAR!!   Don't know about parking facilities local to the venue

Yes...Midtown Atlanta traffic can be ridiculous but on a Saturday everything should be pretty good.  There are some things which could create a debacle though...

• It's parent weekend @ GA Tech and Clemson is in town for a football game.  As Clemson is a relatively short drive I'm sure lots of fans will be in the area or heading down for the game.  TopGolf is within 10 minutes of the GA Tech campus.
    • The Tour Championship is being held close by this weekend too.
    • The Braves have their final regular season homestand vs. the Phillies and the new SunTrust Park is right up the road on I75.
    • The Falcons have a home game vs. the New Orleans Saints, so, there will be lots of people driving in for that game from The Big Easy.  Mercedes Benz Stadium is also 5 minutes from the GA Tech area.

All of these events will compound our traffic woes for sure.  My wife and I are getting Mags to the Braves' game before he departs on Sunday so we'll be adding to the potential traffic snarl.

As for parking at Topgolf...

The Topgolf venue is off the beaten path and has a huge "free" parking lot.  This morning @ 11am there were already about 400 cars there and still plenty of parking to be had.  They say parking on Friday and Saturday night can be a challenge though.  We should be OK for a 2:30pm arrival time and for the 5:30pm event.

There's a lot going on in the city this weekend.  That should get you motivated to visit as there's plenty to do besides watching Mags vs. Naturali.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 2:47 PM

pmm711:

there's plenty to do besides watching Mags vs. Naturali.

Thank goodness for that :-)

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 3:37 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm, the thought comes to mind.  Should I bring a golf glove, or go au natural.

Lets see, have to whisper like they do on TV.  Film the warm ups.  Keep a check on whether they kept their hand warm.  Do they wear gloves while they play.  So much to do and so little time.

All kidding aside.  My plan is to make 2 videos.  First one to be a look around Topgolf and the setup for the match, maybe also filming those in attendance.  If Naturali is going to twitch, then the twitch feed will show his screen and his setup for shots.  I will then park the recorder on Mags screen, so all can see his setup.  Or whomever is not actually doing the broadcast.  Both will be published on YouTube, as that seems the easiest for me to get this out there for all to see.

I will start a new thread with links to YouTube videos.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 4:40 PM

pmm711:
     My wife and I are getting Mags to the Braves' game before he departs on Sunday

I so hope this works out because I would really like to hear what Mags thinks of the experience, especially because of the time of the baseball year AND where the Braves fit in. :-)

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 4:52 PM

YankeeJim:

pmm711:
     My wife and I are getting Mags to the Braves' game before he departs on Sunday

I so hope this works out because I would really like to hear what Mags thinks of the experience, especially because of the time of the baseball year AND where the Braves fit in. :-)

Mags was ALL GAME for seeing pro baseball. He snubbed the NFL. The Tour Championship he was game for if we get some decently priced tickets but he's said he's enjoys golf better on TV vs. trying to watch from the gallery on the course.  BTW...I agree...RL golf is only good if watching from a corporate tent where all the food and booze is FREE. 

I already have 4 tickets to the Braves on Sunday (and it's vs. my hometown Phillies...gotta love that!!!!!) and I don't think my daughter is attending with us as she has some Chemical Engineering studying to do on Sunday afternoon.at Tech..so...I believe one ticket is up for grabs.  BTW...this is the Braves last home game of the regular season and it's Fan Appreciation Day...should be lots of freebies getting tossed around.

I wanted to do the Braves on Friday and the Falcons on Sunday...plus catch the end of the Tour Championship on Sunday.  There's just not enough hours in the weekend.

But...a little personal instruction from the Magman, hitting some real balls with him at TopGolf, going to the Braves, plus a little adlib touring...maybe the NCAA Football Hall of Fame or The Georgia Aquarium...that should suffice.

garyk49:
    Should I bring a golf glove, or go au natural.

Yes...bring your golf glove.  Mine is coming with me.

RSS