Forums

Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,524 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 5:01 AM
    dandycap:

I'm really interested in seeing the game.    Will FMAGNETS be streaming the game on twitch, live, as we have seen him do in the past?

Joe, WGT is bringing in their equipment for the match and Mags does all that twitch streaming from his own laptop. There is a setup day at TopGolf on Friday where all this will be sorted out. Hang tight as I’m sure nothing will be known until then. Paul
  • dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 9:00 AM

If their going to run on the WGTgolf/twitch channel than maybe there could be a dress  rehearsal.    Other games played before the big one.    Start Saturday at 3pm to make sure the bugs have been worked out.    Surly, it wouldn't be hard to find others to participate.                  Joe

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 1:06 PM

dandycap:

If their going to run on the WGTgolf/twitch channel than maybe there could be a dress  rehearsal.    Other games played before the big one.    Start Saturday at 3pm to make sure the bugs have been worked out.    Surly, it wouldn't be hard to find others to participate.                  Joe

There will be a number of us there.  Saturday for sure and some there on Friday.  Wgt doesn't seem yet like they want to let most know what exactly they are going to do, or what equipment they are bringing.  I will be camcording some of it, not sure exactly what, and will be supplying YouTube links to what I record, as soon as I can get it up and published.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:08 PM

garyk49:
    I will be camcording some of it

Forgot to remind you, make sure you whisper on the commentary, like you're standing right next to the player.  :-D

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:16 AM

YankeeJim:

Forgot to remind you, make sure you whisper on the commentary, like you're standing right next to the player.  :-D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, gotcha.  Just like TV.

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 6:16 AM

garyk49:

dandycap:

There will be a number of us there.  Saturday for sure and some there on Friday.  Wgt doesn't seem yet like they want to let most know what exactly they are going to do, or what equipment they are bringing.  I will be camcording some of it, not sure exactly what, and will be supplying YouTube links to what I record, as soon as I can get it up and published.

sounds like this event is selling out fast .......lmao

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 3:22 PM

justacowboy:

garyk49:

dandycap:

Your posts are unrelentingly, one-note tedious.

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:17 PM

Wutpa:

justacowboy:

Your posts are unrelentingly, one-note tedious.

If I am not mistaken, this fixes your quoting.  I don't believe that your comment was aimed at either Dandy nor myself.

• pmm711
    5,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 4:49 AM

justacowboy:

My daughter attends GA Tech and I was down there on campus yesterday so I stopped at the TopGolf venue as it's just 10 minutes away.  The TopGolf has 104 driving range bays and the Director of Sales told me they are pretty much fully utilized on Friday and Saturday late afternoon thru the evenings.  They said the lobby area is packed with people waiting to play.  The bays rent by the hour and up to 6 people can be in a bay.

A stage was to be installed yesterday afternoon or today (Thursday) in preparation for the event.  Mags and Naturali will face each other on that stage so neither will be able to see their individual shot setup.  Naturali is driving in from Florida and will be bringing in his home workstation and the venue was supposed to be supplying Mags' workstation unless he arrives with his own laptop...advantage Naturali.  A TopGolf IT connectivity guy will be there today running/testing connectivity to the stage. 

The TopGolf venue will be playing the match on the hundreds of TVs they have installed throughout the venue including the ones in the driving range bays.  They do not have the ability to share that video feed to other TopGolf locations throughout the states or to their global locations.  So, as far as streaming the event to the WGT community, that's all still TBD.  My guess is that Naturali will be streaming from his workstation via Twitch or something else.  I was told the event is also getting completely filmed to be streamed online at a later time and will possibly get some Golf Channel coverage.

Nothing is formally scheduled for Friday.  The players will just show up and play informally to test the connectivity and get adjusted to the setting.  I'm sure this won't just be a 10 minute thing though as both will want to ensure they can play their usual game.

So the event is in fact selling out fast as the 104 TopGolf bays are usually fully utilized with people waiting to play.  The venue staff said they're expecting plenty of additional WGT players who are local to Atlanta and the southeast.  If you're coming to the TopGolf then appearing a few hours before the 5:30pm start time should be good enough.

Should be a GREAT time!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 6:47 AM

Sounds pretty dang cool to me.

Good luck to both Mags and Naturali.  

RSS