Forums

Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 2:51 PM

fmagnets:
    I'd at least have expected WGT to lay on a pink stretch hummer...

Or at least a smart car driven by a prop forward (or an offensive lineman...given that you're in the US).  Not sure where you'd put your suitcase though...  ;-)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 3:14 PM

dandycap:

If no one will will say it than I will.    

You've dropped the ball WGT.   Your responsibility here to get the stars to the show and make sure they have what they need.    Also what channel are you streaming on.....    WGTgolf/twitch?    I'm trying to inform members of my country club of the game.    We need viewers or what's the sense.   These plans should have been finalized days ago.    Now, with that said, I wonder who's running this business?    

Fmagnets and naturali   --  good luck.    The show must go on.

Less than 24 hours to go , Does anyone know what's going on ?

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 3:21 PM

dandycap:

WGTChampion:

fmagnets:

I'm already tuckered. I'm sitting here in the limousine chauffeur waiting area at Atlanta airport, but there is nobody to pick me up. I'd at least have expected WGT to lay on a pink stretch hummer...

We called the Hummer limo place and they were out of business. Sorry... 

_CHAMPION 

If no one will will say it than I will.    

You've dropped the ball WGT.   Your responsibility here to get the stars to the show and make sure they have what they need.    Also what channel are you streaming on.....    WGTgolf/twitch?    I'm trying to inform members of my country club of the game.    We need viewers or what's the sense.   These plans should have been finalized days ago.    Now, with that said, I wonder who's running this business?    

Fmagnets and naturali   --  good luck.    The show must go on.

WGT  at its best .....  did you really think it would be better

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 3:39 PM

fmagnets:

I'm already tuckered. I'm sitting here in the limousine chauffeur waiting area at Atlanta airport, but there is nobody to pick me up. I'd at least have expected WGT to lay on a pink stretch hummer...

You can catch the Marta train and it will take you all the way to Midtown . Just buy a 1 way ticket and get on the train . Ask some one there to help you get to the train not sure what the fare is now but its not that much 2.50 US I think  . I`ve been gone from Atlanta since 2013 so not up to speed now on whats going on .

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 5:58 PM

fatdan:

Is Naturali "really" natural or on steroids, or possibly he just drinks "Natural Light" ?

I can 100% confirm this is the correct assumption.  Hopefully they have it on tap in ATL.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 9:14 PM

OK, we spent most of this afternoon into late evening testing set up and the big screen monitors, and also hit some shots and had some food on the Topgolf range. As it stands, we're both experiencing random meter slide-throughs, so you might expect to see more late hits than usual from us tomorrow.

I had no choice but to practice with the bad meter because I needed to make sure the computer provided was otherwise OK. I managed a couple of 55s in my 2 test rounds, including a 25 f9 and a HIO all on the big screen. Naturali didn't practice so much, which is perhaps wise in case the slide-throughs can be improved tomorrow. We'll have another test at 1pm tomorrow, then it's a meet and greet on the 2 free range bays for anyone that wants to show up early from 2.30pm. Maybe interviews and Q&A then too. The match starts at 5,30pm.

I'm told the USGA has exclusive rights to the coverage for this event, which means that neither of us can stream the normal way. Instead we have the two monitor feeds being streamed, with a 3rd camera for capturing players and the way we go about our shots, all with added commentary. The USGA representatives only come for match day, so we do not have the links to the streaming platforms they will use. This is why they have not been announced yet.

That's all I've got for now. Huge thanks to pmm711 and his wife for looking after me today, getting me to the hotel for a nap after the horrible flights, and then to the testing at Topgolf and back.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:05 PM

Rich, Champion, Ashley (aka WGT????), et al...

WOW!!!!!  Thank you for a FABULOUS time tonight.  Who could ask for anything more?  That was a STELLAR way to start the festivities.  My wife, Glenda, and daughter, Indy, also want to say thank you for what was an off-the-hook, CRAZY AZZ, FUN TIME. 

Rich...so sorry we tanked your TopGolf range stats...nothing more to say other than "we suck".  LOL  BUT...we did have a fun time sucking. :-)  Although Sean was OUR ringer...when he was hitting, you performed drastically better.

Naturali (aka Danny) is one of THE BEST dudes on the planet.  He showed with an entire entourage and enough equipment to put AC/DC to shame.  His sister, Dana (aka Thank you sir may we have another round of Kentucky Bourbon), and buds Sean and Rob were CRAZY HILARIOUS...GREAT PEEPS!!!!!!  And the reason he's called Naturali...well...I was born and raised in Philly...so...I know nothing. :-)

Mags...dude...you're like family at this point.  I'd take a bullet for you ffs...hopefully not tomorrow though. (Inside joke) LMFAO

Not sure how we can top a 4pm to 11pm Friday night tomorrow...but we're gonna give it one helluva go...that's for damn sure!!!!!

Thanks again WGT for what was truly a night to remember.

Paul

P.S. FMags autographed balls avail on eBay for $10...get 'em while they're hot...

P.P.S. Wolf Creek going live next week...along with Augusta National and Winged Foot.  Who'd a thunk? Triple WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

• sma1960
    2 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:23 PM

Sounds like a great time! I left Atlanta a couple of years too early.

I hope we will be able to watch the tournament tomorrow.

Yahoo to the new courses!

Good luck to both guys tomorrow!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 3:29 AM

pmm711:

P.P.S. Wolf Creek going live next week...along with Augusta National and Winged Foot.  Who'd a thunk? Triple WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

Thanks Mags and Pmm for updates.... surprised WGT let the above slip out.... rather than be revealed in their own dramatic fashion.  

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 4:02 AM

The Pizza case made me believe only in the items that I see.

RSS