Forums

Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • wleiss
    6,292 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:21 AM

Am I correct in assuming that Topgolf will not be streaming the event?   

wleiss

• pmm711
    5,533 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 10:03 AM

wleiss:

Am I correct in assuming that Topgolf will not be streaming the event?   

wleiss

I think they're working on this facet of the event as they have a USGA commentator coming into Atlanta to cover it.  So that tells me they must be planning to stream it.  I say hold tight for a further announcement.

• wleiss
    6,292 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 10:26 AM

pmm711:
    I think they're working on this facet of the event as they have a USGA commentator coming into Atlanta to cover it.  So that tells me they must be planning to stream it.  I say hold tight for a further announcement.
    Thanks for the info pmm. I hope they stream it, or maybe even broadcast it. It's getting kind of late in the day, with no announcement, so I am really starting to wonder. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 12:20 PM

Its really disappointing how WGT is handling this event .  There is one week to go and they haven't  posted any final plans to broadcast it or not .   I guess they don't plan ahead .  

With all the traveling and such you would think they would play more than one round ,  Seems like a lot of trouble for just a 45 minute match .  2 out 3 is more like it .

They should both be awarded the gold putter .  This will be a lot better than  ANY Clash event .

Its too bad we never hear anything from upper management .  

• Ladychipper
    22,726 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 8:39 AM

Does anyone know how much it costs to get in and watch this event?  Also, is anyone going that lives in North Georgia?

• pmm711
    5,533 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 9:10 AM

Ladychipper:

Does anyone know how much it costs to get in and watch this event?  Also, is anyone going that lives in North Georgia?

Marion,

I'm probably traveling the shortest distance (25 miles) and only know of WGT players coming from south GA (below Macon) and from just across the border of Alabama as it's about an hour drive.  I'm sure others are coming but I haven't had contact with them nor have they posted their intentions on here.  I've not heard of anyone driving in from north GA...not even as close as Alpharetta.  Just know if you attend there will be other WGT players there plus you get to meet WGT Champion and possibly other mods.  I'll be there with Mags for the Friday setup, as well as for the Saturday event.

It's free to enter TopGolf for the event, but, if you want to use the TopGolf driving range you need to purchase a membership which are as low as $5.  Prices vary depending on the type of membership you purchase.  Here's some links to details...

https://topgolf.com/us/atlanta/pricing/memberships/

https://topgolf.com/us/atlanta/pricing/

I hope this helps.

Paul

• Ladychipper
    22,726 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 11:10 AM

Thanks Paul!

If the event were at the Alpharetta Top Golf I would not have a problem going, but am not fond of driving around Atlanta by myself. 

I would love to meet other players, mods, Mags, Naturali and of course you Paul.  :-)

Maybe I will think of something.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 3:31 PM

I live in Atlanta.  If no one is chosen yet, consider me. 

Looking forward to meeting folks.  I'll likely have a Boston Red Sox or New England Patriot Hat on.

Also, my son will be in the finals of the Georgia Junior Golf Skills Competiion at the Championship Sunday morning.  You may be interested if you're already there Sunday.

:)

• garyk49
    2,317 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 4:12 PM

deleted

• dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 4:38 AM

I'm really interested in seeing the game.    Will FMAGNETS be streaming the game on twitch, live, as we have seen him do in the past?

RSS