Forums

Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 7:29 AM

Going to say TG and streaming your friends playing is different than streaming an event which is being sponsored and setup by a company, TG in this instance.

I was referring to streaming / broadcasting the match as a 'live'  feed people could view. Standing and using a camera for record to broadcast. Basically like going to a PGA event and streaming live footage via a broadcasting app, this is totally illegal as per PGA permissions regarding media use and copyright.

Most media copyright and broadcasting permissions treat live and recorded for viewing as the same.

Would be nice though if someone from TG would chime in let you guys know you're good to go or not.

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 8:32 AM

Young46:

For what it's worth, I did a live stream shortly after our TopGolf opened. I was told by management there were no restrictions on filming/streaming. If using a phone, you can live stream on Twitch by using an app called IRLTV. 

Best answer so far...and so easy to do.  Thanks!  Can the resulting stream be saved on my Twitch account too?

• Young46
    1,296 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 9:45 AM

pmm711:

Best answer so far...and so easy to do.  Thanks!  Can the resulting stream be saved on my Twitch account too?

So long as you have your video settings in Twitch set to archive your streams it will.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:27 AM

Live event...............Great stuff.

• garyk49
    2,319 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 11:03 AM

dedBuNNy:

Would be nice though if someone from TG would chime in let you guys know you're good to go or not.

Champ has PM'ed me back.  He was out yesterday, going to see what he can find out today.

• garyk49
    2,319 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 1:06 PM

Ok, new info, from Champ

I've been told that you can film with your camcorder. We will also have someone recording onsite as well, but will likely not be filming the entire event. 

_CHAMPION

Camcorder is working, have played with it, know how to do the upload and get it on WGT.

Match will be on Youtube, I will supply link as soon as I have it, for all to see.  How about some suggestions as to what you all actually what recorded.  Have found it might be tough to get the mice and screen.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 2:30 PM

Hi

Good luck to fmagnets & Naturali in the live event in Atlanta :)

Could have been fun playing over there, but no hard feelings.

Peter

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 3:23 PM

garyk49:
    How about some suggestions as to what you all actually what recorded.  Have found it might be tough to get the mice and screen.

If you have narrating capability this would be fabulous. In any event, a full screen of an important shot could work. You could add the to the drama with commentary.  Following 18 holes is a tall order but a mashup of different views at different stages could really work.

Totally looking forward to whatever you wind up with.  :-)

p.s., The voice recording would be most excellent. Always wondered if Mags swore when he missed a shot. LOL  ;-)

• garyk49
    2,319 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 4:08 PM

YankeeJim:

p.s., The voice recording would be most excellent. Always wondered if Mags swore when he missed a shot. LOL  ;-)

Trust me when I tell you, there will be audio.  The mike in this thing is sensitive.  If anybody nearby farts, it will pick it up.  Just me moving the zoom switch on top it picks up the clicks.

• 1secretsanta
    80 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 5:04 PM

Know it or not .

I will be there .

Some place in the back ground .

1secretsanta 

RSS