Help › Forums

Anybody else having issues

Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:42 PM (218 replies)
  • MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:55 AM

ScottHope:

What browser are you using Marty?

tried maxthon 4, edge, chrome, firefox, they all seem to have the latest flash even though i have an older one installed, very strange, im not sure what im going to do, which one should i use?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:56 AM

I for one will so happy when this Flash thing is history. 2020 right?

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:04 AM

MartyFlanagan:
    they all seem to have the latest flash even though i have an older one installed,

if you are on a computer with windows 10... it could have to do with flash is integrated into windows 10's browser Edge.  so even though you have down loaded the older version, it still "sees" the integrated updated version that appears to take some pretty extension steps to remove.  I am not certain, but that is how it is starting to look.  

I haven't tried it, but I posted a link in an earlier posts to see if someone that knew more could confirm if this was appropriate as I didn't want to try stuff without hearing from someone more in the know.

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:14 AM

MartyFlanagan:
    Which one should i use?
    Maxthon seems to work well for a lot of people.

• SignGuy1
    33 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:28 AM

Talk about frustrated same problem here. Played a skins game last night, 4 players. First 

time in my career at the 7 hole put which I would of made for a 7 skins lead at 49 credits per hole. wgt screen went black. rebooted. every time I went to put, screen went black.

So I got disqualified. Stange thing on this put also, wrong scale. My scale is 10, 20, 50, 100, 150.  On that put scale was 3,7,9,13 and so on. Something I've never seen before. 

So instead of winning 1,200 credits or so,, It cost me 460 credits to get disqualified.

Hard pill to swallow, 2nd time they do this to me. My WGT days are almost over!!!!

• DonaldKey8798
    6,714 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:28 AM

WINDOWS 10

It was the last flash update KB4287903 on the 7th of this month.

1 -Go to settings (the sprocket looking thingy)

2- Click on "update and security" on bottom left

3- Click on "view update history"

4 - Click on  "uninstall updates"

5- RIGHT CLICK on the flash update from 6/7/18 KB4287903 and an "uninstall" tab will appear--click that and it will uninstall the culprit.

6- Your PC will to you that you must restart,  and all should be ok with wgt :)……………..

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:29 AM

greybeard360:

To solve the problem if using Chrome... rest Chrome to original settings.

Go to upper right corner and click on the three little dots, scroll down and select settings. Scroll to bottom of that page and select advanced, at the bottom of that page select "Restore settings to their original defaults".
    Once that is done you will have to log back in to WGT , reset your options on the game client and enjoy a nice smooth game !!!

Tried your fix. Still choppy/unplayable.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:48 AM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:50 AM

I hope they can fix the game because its not very much fun the way it is now ..

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:52 AM

WGTChampion:

Judging by the timing of when this started happening, it seems like it's caused by the newest flash update. 

While the dev team investigates further, I found this link to help players revert to an earlier version of flash.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-previous-version-flash-player.html

_CHAMPION 

Thanks for trying to help, but Chrome, the most popular browser, doesn't permit flash rollbacks (except for tech-wizards perhaps).

I've tried other browsers, now and in the past - but they never help.

The game (using Chrome) was fine until June 7th - but now the screen/ball is juddering after every hit (whatever club) and mouse-aiming on green slows down the dots.  

Partly bad eye-candy - but also affecting putting.

Hope there's a solution soon (although at least I'll save some balls just playing the bare minimum).

RSS