Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:52 PM

I won the trip but refused it, I have no idea if it was offered to the next player

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:56 PM
    Woodoworkery:
    I won the trip but refused it

Hmm..heard you were really looking forward to the trip too... :-/

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:11 PM

we were, we were going to take the boys with us, which we had to pay for. Then we found out that we would have to pay the taxes on the winnings which was a good chunk of money. 

So we decided to decline the trip and take the money we were going to pay in taxes and put it toward our vacation at Christmas.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 3:49 PM

VUSA.................

VUSO.................Shame!  Surprised the "winners" of the last clash never got to design it.  

As said kudos to those remaining at WGT for bothering with the announcement:

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 7:15 PM

Gutted by this mishmash we are getting for the VUSO. Once I get through the credits I have left then it's the WGT NUDE NUT for me. Not one more cent will I put into this game until they can show me they at least have a plan and give a damn about the players who support them. :-(

P.S-Except if I need balls for Finny's World Cup. :-)

• MAXPOWER888
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 7:24 PM

PRIESTESS:

Should have done the honorable thing and abandoned  the virtual open , instead of downgrading it to a run of the mill restart comp.Shame......................

Agreed

PRIESTESS:

BTW What happened to the previous open winner? I mean he came , won it ,  played last in all rounds to see what he had to do.Never did much before or after. Any pictures of him at the Open??

If you are reffering to the gentleman who won the trip playing on the Oakmont virtual course, I can assure you he is alive and well, took his son to the Open at Erin Hills, and told his friends that the USGA put on a first class show for him. As far as not doing much before or after, you might want to look a little deeper at his stats. He was a big fan of alt shot with friends on skype & was a valued team member on a first class WGTLS team. With the demise of that he continues to skin with friends and skype while doing so most weekends, more for the friends than the game (but both are great & great fun).

Just felt I needed to respond because the man is a great virtual golfer, a very good real life golfer (near scratch I believe ... he plays enuff lol), owns & runs his own successful business & is one hell of a stand up dude. And he ussually accepts most friend invites so you might want to try that route, play a round & ask the horse's mouth about why he played the way he did and/or when & you might even get that pic.

Just needed to be said.

• LillaSzak
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 3:31 AM

1st HIO in VUSO CTTH  :))

HIO

xx 

R

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 3:54 AM

bubbsboy:

Can you not think of any events you can create which go close to touching Andyson memorial and Finnys World Cup ?

No........thought not.

^^^^THIS! I've just run an internal World Cup for the Amigos, and it was inspired by what Finny and Paul have done with the World Cup & Andyson memorial respectively. Soooooo much better than the clashes, and not a single "best of" course used during it!

• Emryss
    235 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 4:13 AM

Just a word about WGT and TopGolf for now.... SHAME

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 9:30 AM

Yet again you have failed WGT. Your customer base is slowly shrinking in it's numbers due to lack of good idea's and marketing strategies. 

Papa Alpha Tango Hotel Echo Tango India Charlie

RSS