Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:37 AM

LOLserver:
    I wish someone else would buy the idea or use a similar idea to start a new golf game.

Links isn't going away and affords one everything this site does. For less than the cost of a decent putter you have something that doesn't die, doesn't cost to play, has a level playing field, handles MP quite well (including a dynamite chat function) and a bazillion courses rendered close enough to this that it wouldn't take long to forget.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:39 AM

zagraniczniak:

kavvz:
    they'd be adding the Full Bandon course in 2020.

In other words, the snooty private clubs who don't need or want fees from paying punters, and don't want their bikini-waxed greens and shaggy doglegs exposed to the rude gaze of the world, are shutting out WGT. Instead WGT is resorting to resort courses who can use the advertising kick of having their courses on here.

Resort courses would be fine with me!  Anything new!

Meanwhile we have fun with different length tees, lots of wind, ultra fast putting, and UEL.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 9:02 AM

AlaskanDame:

zagraniczniak:

kavvz:
    they'd be adding the Full Bandon course in 2020.

In other words, the snooty private clubs who don't need or want fees from paying punters, and don't want their bikini-waxed greens and shaggy doglegs exposed to the rude gaze of the world, are shutting out WGT. Instead WGT is resorting to resort courses who can use the advertising kick of having their courses on here.

Resort courses would be fine with me!  Anything new!

Meanwhile we have fun with different length tees, lots of wind, ultra fast putting, and UEL.

Agreed, I'm good with that. 

They basically can't win.  If they didn't let everyone know what was happening until 2020; people would complain.  Here we are, they have let people know what's happening, and yet people complain.  I guess one can't really blame the complainers they're doing what the entire planet does.  People like to complain on the Internet.

So they didn't/couldn't get a new course made for this year's VUSO.  Oh well, life goes on.  Looking forward to something new in 2020, and this US amateur thing. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:22 PM

kavvz:

They basically can't win.  If they didn't let everyone know what was happening until 2020; people would complain.  Here we are, they have let people know what's happening, and yet people complain.  I guess one can't really blame the complainers they're doing what the entire planet does.

So they didn't/couldn't get a new course made for this year's VUSO.  Oh well, life goes on.  Looking forward to something new in 2020, and this US amateur thing. 

People complain more today because they are much more informed than decades past, the problem is most people don't see the big picture! They take up an issue that suits their current agenda, as well as their current friends, and run with it without looking at all the possibilities that might come with it down the road!

The problem here is, and why people are b!complaining, that WGT was in a agreement with the USGA to produce the course that the current U S Open was being played on every year, the fact that they are not most likely means that said agreement is no longer in effect with the new owners!

The only reason they will come out Brandon in 2020 is because it is a new agreement, and most likely already 90% finished as far as the pictures and coding goes as already stated by WGT, so it would be stupid not to go ahead with it...

Until then, and most likely after if we are still here, it will be "pizza" Tees, balls that talk and meow, and all that stuff, but no new pins, or courses, which is the big picture if ya read between the lines....

I personally am OK with it, I haven't mastered any of the courses we have now, and probably never will, but will most likely get tired of it and play less than I already do.

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:45 PM

I got 1 word for this announcement.....................SAD!!!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:49 PM

Yes, I too will stop playing as much, just a game here and there till the habit is broke.

IMO there is nothing to keep playing for, there hasn't been any new equipment in I think 5 months. So the need for credits is at an end. 

I'm sure many of you out there are happy to hear this....lol

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:03 AM

Sadly WGT has abandoned this game 2+ years ago.  Just milking a dying cow now.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 10:53 AM

jabonic:
    I got 1 word for this announcement....

I've got several more than that, but I don't want to get banned, so.....

Suffice to say a new 'custom course' that any club could put together for the VUSO is, erm, disappointing to say the least.

Thomas

• mystickisin
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 1:52 PM

DrussTheLegend:

Sadly WGT has abandoned this game 2+ years ago.  Just milking a dying cow now.

I play real golf 4 -5 x a week. I have since I retired 2 years ago.I heard of this game from a friend at the club. I just joined so I'm not familiar with this format but after reading some of these postings I am a little taken back because I was under the impression it was a great game.

I find this game a bit challenging but I have played so many computer, playstation, etc,etc golf games that I thought I would give this a go.

Now, after reading this topic I don't know how much longer I will stick around (no pun intended). If this game is in the dire straits everyone says it is I doubt if I will invest my time or money to continue. 

Looks like I came in too late. I am going to give this game a chance but I am also going to limit my time to see exactly what direction Topgolf is going with this platform.

My name is Jo and looking for a cc to join. 

Keep it straight.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 2:18 PM

Should have done the honorable thing and abandoned  the virtual open , instead of downgrading it to a run of the mill restart comp.Shame.......................

BTW What happened to the previous open winner? I mean he came , won it ,  played last in all rounds to see what he had to do.Never did much before or after. Any pictures of him at the Open??

RSS