Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 11:04 AM

f1dget:

Yet again you have failed WGT. Your customer base is slowly shrinking in it's numbers due to lack of good idea's and marketing strategies. 

Papa Alpha Tango Hotel Echo Tango India Charlie

+1 Also has anyone else noticed that we didnt get a free new avatar as well . Every year with the coming Open we also get a new avatar . So no new course and no new avatar either . WGT/ TopGolf really screwed the pooch this time around .

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 11:29 AM

Lonnie, I emailed cs and asked why no Shinnecock...will check for a reply when I get home.  Have a feeling I won't get one, but we'll see.

I really think the pc version of the game is being left as carrion for the vultures.  Sorry it's happening, but resigned to the prospect.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 4:18 PM

Got this reply from wgt.  Have to say it was prompt and courteous, notwithstanding a bit terse, not unexpectedly:

Hi,
    Thank you for the message. Regrettably Shinnecock will not be one of the courses offered this year. Unfortunately we are unable to provide more information on this at this time.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 6:57 PM

mkg335:

Got this reply from wgt.  Have to say it was prompt and courteous, notwithstanding a bit terse, not unexpectedly:

Hi,
    Thank you for the message. Regrettably Shinnecock will not be one of the courses offered this year. Unfortunately we are unable to provide more information on this at this time.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

Thanks for that.

Golf has declined of course generally. 

Here TG are after the time challenged millennials - They get up too late to work, and more than three holes might interfere with snapchat......

TGs whole raison detre is condensed but frequent chunks of time in a gamified environment.............Online golf experience wise it's route one to being just another app in the Play Store ...................................Love to be wrong but when every last shred points consistently exactly that obvious way, over a good time.........................Shame if you happen not to be huge on animated emojis:)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 7:30 PM

I agree with your assessment, m8.  Looks like this will be the first year I don't try the qualifier.  No big loss to TG, nor to the field, but I can't get too excited about playing an ersatz "best of" US Open course.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 7:38 PM

lonniescott711:

f1dget:

Yet again you have failed WGT. Your customer base is slowly shrinking in it's numbers due to lack of good idea's and marketing strategies. 

Papa Alpha Tango Hotel Echo Tango India Charlie

+1 Also has anyone else noticed that we didnt get a free new avatar as well . Every year with the coming Open we also get a new avatar . So no new course and no new avatar either . WGT/ TopGolf really screwed the pooch this time around .

I sent a ticket to C/S about the avatar and their reply was , that we would be getting a new USGA avatar . So guess it will be with the next update as they didnt give a timeline . So will just have to wait and see as to how long it will be .

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 8:44 PM

zagraniczniak:

kavvz:
    they'd be adding the Full Bandon course in 2020.

In other words, the snooty private clubs who don't need or want fees from paying punters, and don't want their bikini-waxed greens and shaggy doglegs exposed to the rude gaze of the world, are shutting out WGT. Instead WGT is resorting to resort courses who can use the advertising kick of having their courses on here.

So I'm not completely convinced that it's the snootiness of Shinnecock or Winged Foot that means we won't get a new course for 3 years. Merion is a pretty snooty private club. So was Oakmont. I think it's just the general decline of WGT, especially after the TopGolf buyout.

Even the size of the response on this thread is an indication of the decline. Remember when the TruGolf courses came out in 2010/2011 and people went crazy in the forums?Probably 30 pages of responses. The handwriting is on the wall for WGT, I think.

And speaking of TruGolf, if we have to wait til 2020 for the next course, could the powers that be at least get rid of the greens fees so we can play around on Cabo & Whistler until Flash doesn't work anymore?

Full Bandon sounds fun eventually. Who knows if there will be anyone around to turn off the lights by then...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 1:01 AM

Agree with above and mentioned it myself earlier about not blaming these courses but solely lay blame at topgolfs feet.

Since they took over the games spiralled into decline but the regulars on here were saying that would happen anyway so no surprise there.

Only thing I don't agree with above is the Bandon bit....I look forward more to my next fart in the bath than that.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:29 PM

What a total shame. I wonder if anything at all can be done.  I doubt it.  The only thing that I can come up with is that maybe Top Golf would evenbtually spinnoff WGT and a new buyer would be able to step forward and revive this game.  sigh........

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 1:56 PM

Wonder why little interest from TopGolf in an online golf simulation game?

Here are their demographic from their website.

51% non golfers!!

Ages 18 to 34 54%

35 to 44 14%

45 to 64 14%

65+ 2%

Nothing like one hole coin games for epic apparel! Whoo hoo

John

RSS