Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 11:59 PM

TGC2 Ken.

It's hard especially at first but that's what's fun about it.

All courses we have here and 100s more.

The work the organisers  do on a proboards site like we use is astounding. 

PC xbox PS4. 

You will need decent rig for PC 

I will chat in club with you mate.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 12:23 AM

This is half sad and half infuriating. But 100% expected.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 12:39 AM
    In light of not getting a new course, I have a suggestion and a question......and being such a open and transparent company, and one that listens intently to customer feedback, I hope the WGT give an answer and take the suggestion on board.

The suggestion first........just dump the new "best of" for the VUSO.....it is hard to take this seriously as the US Open course will be different....a real course with different holes. The Virtual option is just mutton dressed as lamb......and may as well be called the Virtual Rehash of the Great WGT Years......but maybe have the naming rights and hole selections made as a clash prize

The questions is will we get new pin positions on the other courses - this may keep players interested.......and new rehash won't.

A spectacular fail, but I suppose I cannot blame WGT for not further investing......with flash going......this platform is cactus.

All this announcement has done, is confirming the slow death to the community.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:00 AM
    Would not lay blame on Shinnecock mate......no way topgolf were ever going to spend a dime on this format, they just wanted the courses and to make money on mobile format.
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:17 AM

bubbsboy:
    Would not lay blame on Shinnecock mate......

The fact that they are still having an event called the Virtual US Open means they had no falling out with the USGA - only that Shinnecock would not play along. I doubt it was just the money for shooting the course, but we will never know.

This was why we did not get St Anne's after St. George's: the members were too snooty to let WGT onto the course. (This was [essentially] admitted by Mr WGT in a chat.)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:20 AM

kavvz:

I could be wrong, but it looks like Bandon is a full course?  

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/golf-courses/bandon-dunes

Those are only par-3s. The Bandon course here is 18 holes but only par-3s taken from a mix of the various courses at Bandon.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 1:24 AM

zagraniczniak:

bubbsboy:
    Would not lay blame on Shinnecock mate......

The fact that they are still having an event called the Virtual US Open means they had no falling out with the USGA - only that Shinnecock would not play along. I doubt it was just the money for shooting the course, but we will never know.

This was why we did not get St Anne's after St. George's: the members were too snooty to let WGT onto the course. (This was [essentially] admitted by Mr WGT in a chat.)

You could be right, you could be right.

Alas some places do not want to be associated with topgolf. Feeling Mr WGT had a different persona, and how we miss it.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 4:42 AM

zagraniczniak:

kavvz:

I could be wrong, but it looks like Bandon is a full course?  

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/golf-courses/bandon-dunes

Those are only par-3s. The Bandon course here is 18 holes but only par-3s taken from a mix of the various courses at Bandon.

I know the course we have already is a par 3 course.  But if you scroll down at that link it's not just par 3's, and isn't that what they said that they'd be adding the Full Bandon course in 2020.  Unless I'm still missing something here...which is certainly possible.  Lol

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 6:48 AM

kavvz:
    they'd be adding the Full Bandon course in 2020.

Right! It's also on the WGT news. So, Bandon Dunes, one of the Bandon courses, in its entirety in 2020. But the downside is that it is clear we will NOT get Winged Foot as the 2020 US Open course.

In other words, the snooty private clubs who don't need or want fees from paying punters, and don't want their bikini-waxed greens and shaggy doglegs exposed to the rude gaze of the world, are shutting out WGT. Instead WGT is resorting to resort courses who can use the advertising kick of having their courses on here.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 8:10 AM

The only thing that makes me visit WGT once in a while, I rather use my hobby time playing the other golf game, is to know when new courses can be played.

I could guess I am not the only one doing this.

It is disheartening to see that no new courses will be made in WGT, perhaps never in the future : ((  ....because Top Golf is in the administration or whatever reason...not cool at all.

The fundamental idea of having HD pictures as background and use 3D surfaces & collide 3D objects to play a net golf game is great, but having to play the same holes over & over will eventually kill the interest of players and will send them to search for new golf games...just like me.

I wish someone else would buy the idea or use a similar idea to start a new golf game.

Eric 

RSS