Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 2:55 PM

Hey everyone! This year is our 10th year hosting the Virtual US Open on WGT. We're celebrating this milestone with a special course for this year's VUSO. 

Starting in March (aka later this week) you can enter to play on a special course made up of our favorite holes from previous VUSO courses including Bethpage Black, Pebble Beach, and Oakmont. 

Additionally, this year we are hosting the first ever Virtual US Amateur tournament (which I've been calling VUSA, but no one else likes the name) on Pebble Beach this August. 

More info in the blog HERE

_CHAMPION

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:05 PM

le sigh...

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:06 PM

Interesting that Oakmont holes will be included, especially as the course was pulled, apparently as the "contract had expired....and as it was not in any of the "Best Of's".

As for the VUSO.....a major step backwards and a absolute fail IMO.

Will be be getting new pins on the other courses (not just for the VUSO holes of B/S?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:10 PM
    A marketing-speak way of saying no new courses until a few extra holes of Bandon are added in 2020.
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:11 PM

Glad I read the blog.......   my first thought was WGT is sponsoring a VUSO event limited to members in  "Amateur" status.....         I could only imagine the mad dash of multi's creating new accounts.............

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:12 PM

fmagnets:
    A marketing-speak way of saying no new courses until a few extra holes of Bandon are added in 2020.

Yup......    think you nailed that one..........

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:26 PM

LuckySkreet:

fmagnets:

Yup......    think you nailed that one..........

x 2  ; ))

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:42 PM

Wooop woop, lets celebrate.

Dress it up as much as you like.......its a " best of " course for VUSO!!!!.

Staleness set in a while ago, without folks working away in their own country clubs creating fun events, then a lot would not be here , as your takeover topgolf company are doing jack sh1t  to entertain.

Same old weeklies, monthlies, RGs for the multis and restarts. Can you not think of any events you can create which go close to touching Andyson memorial and Finnys World Cup ?

No........thought not.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:43 PM

No surprise really.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 4:35 PM

I am SO excited to play the same holes I have always played in a different order I may wet myself in anticipation.

I best get to level 150 fast so I can be the only Level 150 WGTer to NOT bother.

I bet we never see another new hole not to mention new course on WGT ever again...

RSS