Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with mrcaddie IRL- Spring 2018

Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:24 PM (120 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 6:15 AM

Good luck and enjoy folks.

Moderated so you may have finished before comes to print.

;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 6:23 AM

twinponds169:
    Well, March definitely came in like a lion and we are still waiting on the lamb with just one week til April. Cooperstown reporting a little over a foot still of a very heavy, dense, wet snowpack on the ground today.

Is moving into May an option or are there vacation times involved? Not an issue for me, vacation is when I say it is.  LOL  ;-)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 10:36 AM

twinponds169:
    As long as you guys don't mind me shooting right around a 72, then I will be there without a doubt. Then, if you still want me to play the back nine, I will stay for dinner and drinks as well. Looking forward to it, but we need to pray to the sun Gods or push the date back a little.

Well, this just keeps getting better every day. Great news TP, I'm really looking forward to it as well.

To answer the question of moving the dates from you and YJ...I think it would be a logistical nightmare. In May is when Erik's staff jumps from 40 or so, to 150, so he's way too busy to get any time off from May to September. Also in May, I believe Lou and David start playing some seniors tour in New Jersey and I think Lou has some family vacations planned as well.

We tend to set up these outings in early Spring or the late Fall for the reasons mentioned above, it's just easier on all of us.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the weather. Our forecast over here for next week has us in the upper 50's and low 60's, so hopefully some of that warm weather will work it's way up to Cooperstown and melt that snow and dry out the courses.

Stay tuned.

MC

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 11:41 AM

mrcaddie:
    so hopefully some of that warm weather will work it's way up to Cooperstown and melt that snow and dry out the courses.

Yup, then you can play drive and plug golf. Those fairways will be nice and soggy and that 250 yard drive will stop on a dime. GL finding it. Plug Central.  LOL

Meanwhile, back at the bar................  :-D

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 2:54 PM

I'm going to Murcia in Spain for some golf in October this year if anyone's interested :-)

Or if anyone's in the Bournemouth area this year and wants a game then give me a shout on my wall.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Apr 8 2018 6:15 PM

UPDATE-

Our tee time at Leatherstocking on Thursday April 26th is confirmed.

Once we have hotel reservations all set we'll let you know where we'll be meeting up for dinner on Thursday night.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 8 2018 9:07 PM

mrcaddie:
    Once we have hotel reservations all set

Where are you going to stay?

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 10:39 AM

DAZZA501:

I'm going to Murcia in Spain for some golf in October this year if anyone's interested :-)

Or if anyone's in the Bournemouth area this year and wants a game then give me a shout on my wall.

i live in murcia.......where are you playing dazza

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 2:29 PM

YankeeJim:
    Where are you going to stay?

So here is the updated plan-

As of this morning we now have our tee time booked for Friday April 27th at Oneonta Country Club in Oneonta, NY.

So, we'll be playing golf at Leatherstocking on Thursday at 12:30, after golf we'll be driving down to Oneonta and checking into our hotels, we'll meet up with everyone for dinner and drinks at a restaurant (TBD) in Oneonta, we spend the night and then we tee off at 9:00am on Friday at Oneonta CC.

For anyone spending the night, we found the following hotels in Oneonta-

Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Holiday Inn and Super 8 just to name a few.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 2:54 PM

I am Sorry to say I will not be able to make it ,  Our maintenance man who I work with and cover for on his time off cut himself this weekend on the job , We are a drug free work place and after he got stiched up he got a drug test and was positive . He was fired this morning .

This means I will be on call 24/7 till he can be replaced and I will have to be with the new guy for the first  4 to 6 weeks . We have things that we made in house to test just for what we make so the new guy will not know how to fix them and dial them in .

I was so looking forward to meeting you all but i have to do what i have to do .

OPY

Doc , I wanted to hand you your prize for the 9th year bash in person but will have to box and send it to you this week .

RSS