Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with mrcaddie IRL- Spring 2018

Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:24 PM (120 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 6:31 PM

mrcaddie:
    YJ, I really hope you can meet up with us...it looks like Conveyorguy is thinking about making the drive to meet up with us as well.

Look for the Yankee jacket in the bar.  ;-)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 9:22 PM

YankeeJim:
    Look for the Yankee jacket in the bar.  ;-)

I'm going to be looking for the Yankees hat with the Andyson marker attached to it. :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 9:31 PM

mrcaddie:
    I'm going to be looking for the Yankees hat with the Andyson marker attached to it.

LMAO. In typical old man style it sits on the rear deck of my Cadillac for everybody to see.  :-D

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 3:59 PM

Fellers , wife / god permitting an' the creek don't rise, I will be there with antlers on. This should be epic, recorded for posterity in the annals of WGT history as a day that went down as a high point. It would be my extreme pleasure to meet up with you all IRL as I'm approaching 7 years on WGT, and have enjoyed the personal interaction we've shared. I don't think any of you will have any trouble recognizing me, although, i'm leavin' the space suit home.

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 4:39 PM

Calling King's X on anything to do with the orange monkey. LOL   ;-)

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:18 PM

YankeeJim:

mrcaddie:
    I'm going to be looking for the Yankees hat with the Andyson marker attached to it.

LMAO. In typical old man style it sits on the rear deck of my Cadillac for everybody to see.  :-D

LL that it is for sure:)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 5:46 PM

drmoose:
    Fellers , wife / god permitting an' the creek don't rise, I will be there with antlers on. This should be epic, recorded for posterity in the annals of WGT history as a day that went down as a high point. It would be my extreme pleasure to meet up with you all IRL

This is FANTASTIC news! I can't believe I'm actually going meet drmoose and YankeeJim in person...wow.

Now let's see if we can convince Twinponds, Opy and Conveyorguy to join us.

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 6:06 PM

Oh I'm convinced lol...will know better in a cpl weeks for sure

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:36 PM

UPDATE-

I still haven't gotten a response from the emails or phone messages I left at both courses so I can only assume that they're still closed for the season. They probably don't open until the first week of April so hopefully I'll hear something from them in the next ten days or so...I'll let you know as soon as I do.

We have a pretty solid plan for dinner and drinks on Thursday night but just need to lock in our tee times to make everything fall into place...I'll keep you posted.

There are some fun gifts and surprises being planned for this "meet and greet". So if you're in the area and want to join us...we'd love to meet you.

MC

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:59 PM

Well, March definitely came in like a lion and we are still waiting on the lamb with just one week til April. Cooperstown reporting a little over a foot still of a very heavy, dense, wet snowpack on the ground today. Temps have been single digits for overnight lows in many areas still. We are looking at late course openings throughout Central NY without a very quick and strong warmup soon.The first of these storms was an extremely heavy snow that dropped literally tens of thousands of trees and large branches. Over three feet of snow in Cooperstown the last 3 weeks. Most courses have not been able to even get out to survey the damage and cleanup effort needed to open.

Leatherstocking is a course worthy of lining right up with those on WGT, a very top shelf operation. They will not risk damage or less than top quality conditions just to get opened up.

As long as you guys don't mind me shooting right around a 72, then I will be there without a doubt. Then, if you still want me to play the back nine, I will stay for dinner and drinks as well. Looking forward to it, but we need to pray to the sun Gods or push the date back a little.

TP

Update: Todays weather forecast for the next 7 days shows us reaching the high 40's for daytime highs, si it's a start!

RSS