Help › Forums

Golf with mrcaddie IRL- Spring 2018

Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:24 PM (120 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:13 PM

drmoose:
    Gonna need the exact coordinateables an' ETA's

Doc, I hope to have the dates confirmed in the next 48 hours and I'll post here when that happens.

We're still looking at the two courses I mentioned earlier in this thread and once the dates are locked in we'll start looking at tee times. Once the tee times are determined we'll have a better idea of when we'll have some free time to meet up for drinks and dinner with those that won't be joining us on the golf course.

Stay tuned.

MC

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 8:03 PM

Wayne, I'd like to know if there have been any further developments, as  the wife is puttin'  a 'lil pressure on me. It's gettin' close , an' we usually book a 'lil sumpin' fer my birthday.

Doc :)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:54 PM

Just waiting for one last confirmation and then it's a go.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:33 PM

UPDATE-

IT'S OFFICIAL- Lvietri, his friend Dave, eingmund and I will be meeting up in Cooperstown, New York on April 26th and 27th to play some golf IRL.

The tentative plan goes like this-

The four of us drive up Thursday morning (the 26th) and play a round at Leatherstocking Golf Course and tee off some time around 12:00- 1:00. Later that evening we'll meet up for dinner and drinks.

The next morning we meet up at Oneonta Country Club and play a round there and then we all head home.

drmoose, YankeeJim, twinponds169 and Opy have expressed an interest in either joining us for a round of golf on one of those days or just meeting up with us for dinner and drinks on Thursday night so we can finally meet each other in person. I can honestly say I really hope they can join us.

Anyway, this weekend I'll try and contact the courses and make sure they don't have any special events going on that might prevent us from playing on the dates we want to play.

Stay tuned as we work out the details and timing.

MC

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:45 PM

dinner, drinks, and...cigars ....or is that illegal in NY state ?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 9:52 AM

mrcaddie:
    drmoose, YankeeJim, twinponds169 and Opy have expressed an interest in either joining us for a round of golf on one of those days or just meeting up with us for dinner and drinks on Thursday night so we can finally meet each other in person. I can honestly say I really hope they can join us.

This sounds like a workable plan for me. IDK about the golf (health) but a 3 hour drive to get soused and lmao with other golf degenerates would be the nuts.  :-)

p.s., 

mrcaddie:
    drmoose, YankeeJim, twinponds169 and Opy

19th hole at Leatherstocking. 4:30 -5. Be there or be square.  :-D

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:27 PM

If my wife lets me go, I would like to join as well.   I'm 61 years old retired cop and still must get permission.  lol.

Perhaps we can meet in Minot, North Dakota some day.   Its a little closer to Winnipeg - only a 5 hour drive.

Have fun guys! (she already yelled "YOU ARE NOT GOING!")

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 4:29 PM

HenryKawa:

If my wife lets me go, I would like to join as well.   I'm 61 years old retired cop and still must get permission.  lol.

Perhaps we can meet in Minot, North Dakota some day.   Its a little closer to Winnipeg - only a 5 hour drive.

lol

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 6:29 PM

justacowboy:

HenryKawa:

lol

I'm in Massachusetts and I heard her !!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 6:25 PM

YankeeJim:
    This sounds like a workable plan for me. IDK about the golf (health) but a 3 hour drive to get soused and lmao with other golf degenerates would be the nuts.  :-)

As both courses are closed right now, I have emails and voicemails to both courses asking when they open for the season. I'll keep you updated when I hear back from them.

YJ, I really hope you can meet up with us...it looks like Conveyorguy is thinking about making the drive to meet up with us as well.

MC

RSS