skip nav

Forums

Ireland Golf Trip

Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:49 PM by SeveFrost. 4 replies.
  • TonyCherone United States
    37 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 7:52 PM

I'm planning a golf trip to the West and Southwest of Ireland in late May/early June of 2020.  We are definitely playing Lahinch, Doonbeg, Ballybunion, Tralee, Old Head, Waterville and Dooks.  Trying to decide if we want to head a little north and get to Carne, Enniscrone, and County Sligo?  Would love to hear about your Ireland trips to this area if you've taken one, or if you are an Irish local, would love to get some trip tips!!

If you are a local in Ireland, and want to join in with our group for any of these rounds, our group would love to play and have a pint with you!  

Hope to hear from some of you.

Digg
    Delicious
  • conveyorguy United States
    625 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 5:30 PM
    2 week trip at least ?...geez 4 courses in 5 days gonna be a marathon for us :) http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/568222.aspx
    Digg
    Delicious
  • TonyCherone United States
    37 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 7:08 PM

Currently this trip is planned for 11 rounds of golf over 8 days.  It's nothing compared to the trip we did to Scotland last year.  That was 21 rounds over 14 days.  We are hardcore golfers!!!!

Digg
    Delicious
  • conveyorguy United States
    625 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 6:08 AM

Apparently so  !!! Golf on !

Digg
    Delicious
  • SeveFrost United Kingdom
    569 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:49 PM

Tony, definitely try and play Waterville. I played it back in 2010 and for such a great course, the people were very friendly (no snobbery) and I managed to say hello to Tom Lehman on the first tee, who was there preparing for the British Senior Open. It's a very tough test, so take plenty of balls and get your picture taken next to the Payne Stewart statue

Digg
    Delicious
RSS