Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 9:42 AM

Andy, I also think it's a great initiative on your part.  But, from what I've read in the endless threads dedicated to glitches, probably 95% are:

Game freeze, unexpected error, blue screen, white screen, jumpy meter, and disconnects.

WGT is well aware of these long standing problems. The Mods read these threads and know the above glitches are a constant source of frustration.

Either WGT doesn't have a remedy, or it costs too much money or time to bother addressing. Asking us to repeatedly tell them what they already know (via a bug report) is simply a stall tactic...akin to "we will look into it", or "we have to prioritize". Exactly where does game playability rank on their priority list?...How far behind more additions to the pro shop, or another clash event?  Lack of viable competition affords them this luxury...and they know it.

I think Chad saw the writing on the wall. He made his $$$ and got out before the game becomes completely untenable. 

PS. I too am hopeful for some WGT feedback, that isn't simply a rehash of the canned responses.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 10:23 AM

ct690911:
    What are bug reports supposed to accomplish?

Having debugged many code problems myself in the past I know that the more details we had the easier it was to find the problem.  Bug reports contain a whole lot of extra detail recorded during the game.  The majority of the forum reports I read are just venting frustration without much detail.  Then there's the conflicting reports, "I haven't been disconnected in years and I play at least one multi-player round every day."

Bug reports are better for QA and design.  If the bug report already has the info I suggested then fine its not needed.  But forum reports could sure use the same detailed info, at least for members information.

ct690911:
    The above problems have been around for years.
    True.  The consensus is "but never as bad as they are now".

ct690911:
    Exactly where does something as "trivial" as game playability rank on their priority list?.

I thought I read where WGT said it was the number one priority.  But then we got the February release with the exploding text, new clubs, and new CTTH on Oakmont.......IMO actions speak louder than words, and a buck gets priority over a bug.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 10:36 AM

I was actually amending my post as you were answering the original one...lol

Thanks for the insight into what bug reports do. One side note, the Mods also play this game. I'd be very surprised if some of them weren't experiencing the same problems as many of the customers.

But as I said, $$ will always trump service with no viable competition.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:43 PM

I, for one,have never submitted a "bug report". I find the existing method to be too tedious, and from it's track record, too inefficient at getting results. Taking a few seconds to check mark a few boxes on the other hand, I probably would have submitted over 150 by now. I'm sure I'm not alone. This is why I mentioned that if WGT understood the magnitude of people being negatively affected by the current state of things, they might re-prioritize.

Doc :)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 4:58 PM

pdb1:
    Perhaps providing andyson's form that we could down load and take the time to fill out

I copied it to notepad so I can paste it into the bug report. I can then edit it while in the report. Not a hard thing to do for anyone that wants to help WGT find a resolution or even a common cause to the problems.

I like playing this game so I will help as much as I can.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 5:48 PM

ZioMio:

I copied it to notepad so I can paste it into the bug report. I can then edit it while in the report. Not a hard thing to do for anyone that wants to help WGT find a resolution or even a common cause to the problems.

I like playing this game so I will help as much as I can.

Good idea Zio!  I have one ready to go now too.

and +1 on helping as much as possible.

From my Product Suggestion post of the idea:

WGTIcon:

good idea. ill be sure to let them know!

-wgticon

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:03 PM

pdb1:
    That works gr8 for you . I and many others do not have a bug report to paste it to . I / we would need that URL .

That's your choice to disable right-click on your mouse by enabling mouse gestures in Maxthon Cloud.  Disable them and get your right click back.   And many others?  You're the only one I've heard of doing without that useful mouse button.

RSS