Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Improved Detail Reporting on Disconnects

Mon, Mar 21 2016 12:57 PM (1 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 9:53 PM

Design and QA gets beat up (by me) all the time on the forum.  Let's give them credit for anticipating there would be both intentional and unintentional disconnects.  

I imagine how difficult it is to narrow down the cause of the issues.  The idea below would make it faster an easier for us to better report issues and easier for your teams to sort through the reports.

I'd like to see WGT enhance the problem reporting scheme with a separate report for disconnects to collect the details.  Add it to the pull down title menu. Using a form with all the important details loaded so we can merely check a box if it was:

__CTTH

__single player stroke  __ranked  __practice  __bracket

__Multi-Player stroke: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Blitz: __single player  __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Skins: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player  __practice  __challenge

__Match Play  __practice  __scored  __challenge

__Alt Shot

I was Player #:   ___1  __2  __3  __4

Then a text box for additional comments. (Game Froze, Unexpected Error, Blue Screen, White Screen, etc.)

And make it available in the re-connect lobby!  We can fill one out while we wait.

My understanding is that the additional game client data pertaining to the disconnect or crash will still be available if we do not close the window but return to the game client using the address bar reload or via a bookmark.

This idea was originally posted and commented on in this thread.

I've locked this thread to prevent double posting of comments already made on the above open thread.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 12:57 PM

good idea. ill be sure to let them know!

-wgticon

RSS