Help › Forums

Friends leaving....

Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:55 AM (121 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 11:45 AM

PSUTOM:

Jimbog1964:

The OP had his say and agree or disagree with that, if your are still on the ladies tees at L94 it is not the the games fault.

I personally do not see what the OP sees, but wading in as a M......Hmmm.Honestly, I would look elsewhere to see what you need to correct.  No offence to you, just my take on such posts.

One of the (many) reasons I do not have many posts here is the personal attacks, and also the reason I don't play head to head along with "disconnects."

My choice of tee's is not up to me it is bestowed upon me by WGT because I play the calendar/bracket tourneys. As far as I know I am playing on the tee's for a Tour Master, which as you know is my rank. The fact that I am not in a higher rank may have something to do with several years layoff from WGT and was never corrected on my start date.

But feel free to express your opinions never the less.

Mate Not personally attacking you at all..............M / TM are same length tee to green, and L comes after that once you get TM scores under control often enough.  I am saying though that (for added even greater clarity) that 36% 1 putts and 17' ADTP and your score history with Legend capable clubs mean that whatever is wrong it's for you to get under control.  When you get on top of that you will be able to tell a game WTF.  As it stands now you have a way to go that's all.  Worry about what you can do to improve - It's in your hands!

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 12:37 PM

OK, you've made your point, I'm not as good as I could be. But by that same thought I ended my original post by saying it's just a game so enjoy it for what it is.

I guess what rankles me is that when someone makes an observation and offers a thought, right away someone else speeds right to their profile to see if they are "qualified" to make any golfing statement.

Some people are born players who cannot coach, and some make good coaches who have never played well. You see it all the time in sports.

As for me I enjoy playing, and if I never move beyond TM, it's no big deal. I will leave it at that.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 1:55 PM

PSUTOM:
    I guess what rankles me is that when someone makes an observation and offers a thought, right away someone else speeds right to their profile to see if they are "qualified" to make any golfing statement.

Agree to disagree................My opinion of that is some noob might read what you say and think it is valid.  Unfortunately, as it stands it's not (edit: away from just ranting anyway).  Can be in due course but not with your current play - I think that's a fair point also....EDIT: Not suggesting not OK to rant, just that the caveat is the standard the rant is from is low.  I get the coaching point but that would be some leap of faith TBH.  No other way of saying it.

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 3:13 AM

Jimbog1964:

PSUTOM:

Agree to disagree................My opinion of that is some noob might read what you say and think it is valid.  Unfortunately, as it stands it's not (edit: away from just ranting anyway).  Can be in due course but not with your current play - I think that's a fair point also....EDIT: Not suggesting not OK to rant, just that the caveat is the standard the rant is from is low.  I get the coaching point but that would be some leap of faith TBH.  No other way of saying it.

Your opinion of my play means little to me, and your thought that some" noob" might take my advice and enjoy the game makes absolutely no sense. I do not run to a profile to pick a golfer's stats apart. I don't care if you are a Pro or a Champion I would never take advice from someone with a negative attitude. Some people on here represent the insufferable, smug attitude that often goes along with elevated status, not with actual knowledge. 

On the other hand others are very helpful, you sir need to improve that part of your game.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 3:47 AM

PSUTOM:

Your opinion of my play means little to me, and your thought that some" noob" might take my advice and enjoy the game makes absolutely no sense. I do not run to a profile to pick a golfer's stats apart. I don't care if you are a Pro or a Champion I would never take advice from someone with a negative attitude. Some people on here represent the insufferable, smug attitude that often goes along with elevated status, not with actual knowledge. 

On the other hand others are very helpful, you sir need to improve that part of your game.

Fine on the opinion - up to you.  Eiether learn the game or continue as is all good.

Someone else new, looking at what you put after declaring you  played TW / this might give more Creedence to what you said than it deserves, and it's slim to none as to what is deserved, and slim is fresh out of town:

"PSUTOM" said - ]I'll bring it back on topic. I have been playing this game for years and before that, Tiger Woods on line. There are many weird happenings when playing this game, and as I recall it has always been that way sometimes more often than not.

Frankly, you are not good enough to know a weird happening.  It's nothing to do with elevated status.  Your assumption there is as strange as your conclusions elsewhere.  WTFs will happen but your understanding of the game is beyond low, and thus your chances of knowing one is lower.  Only your understanding/ability is the reason for your scores.  You will assume weird or use it to excuse your play maybe................Easy really.  Anyone new can take what you say or take my advice to dismiss it as drivel. I would say just learn the game have a great experience and see 99.99% less weird v this chap........ Their choice.

I would say that can be the issue with these threads. People who have some game make a comment and people like you, who have none, stuck at TM with Legend Tee bazookas make observations that are beyond ridiculous, and thus might make newer people not bother thinking it's a credible comment. 

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 7:01 AM

One thing I am sure of, never mince words with a jerk they only bring you down to their level. Good day sir.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 2:18 PM

PSUTOM:

Keep in mind, that "thought" without a doubt has been posted over and over and over again on this forum, and has been answered over and over and over again, usually ignored by the person who posted it...then they post the same thing for the umteenth time, and wonder why people get mouthy! 99% of the time they are TOO LAZY to USE THE SEARCH!!!!!

Also keep in mind that most, not all, go to your profile to see what clubs your using in order to give you an "informed" answer...if you had a shot go awry and your playing lvl 59 pings, the answer for your situation is totally different than it is for a guy using higher level clubs....

Also remember that a lot of these guys have answered that very same question again and again and again, until they are just sick to death of answering it, so they leave it to a member who hasn't got sick of it yet!!!

I am FAR from being as good as 1000's of players here, but I know "where" the lost ball traps are on every hole on every course, some 5ft from the fairway...HOW, by playing and "losing" balls there! A guy with 500 ranked rounds probably doesn't have a clue where most of them are as yet, but a lot of us do...so it isn't a shock when it happens which is highly unlikely because we avoid them like a plague.

And "I" have "NEVER" had the right club, the right yardage, and figured the wind correctly, "dinged" a shot, and it went out of bounds, NEVER EVER!

Then of course you have the trolls, who respond because they have absolutely nothing else to do, and we do have a few, but you can't cover everyone who tries to help, or did at one time with that generalization you made, it is not only wrong, but unfair to most members! As far as the trolls, I know who they are and NEVER read any post they make, why would I.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 3:21 PM

+1

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 3:33 PM

+1

• 77Rachel
    1,590 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 7:41 PM

fatdan:

And "I" have "NEVER" had the right club, the right yardage, and figured the wind correctly, "dinged" a shot, and it went out of bounds, NEVER EVER!

I agree with most of your thoughts, but I can't explain THIS. Maybe I'm a noob or whatever, but I recorded the entire 6 foot putt. You can see the dots, you can see everything. Can YOU explain it? If you can, you're better than me. (You're better than me anyway, lol, but I thought I was good enough to read greens better than THIS)

All Im sayin' is that sometimes weird shyt happens. This result is clearly a coding error in that particular spot on that particular green. I have since learned to go long on that green rather than end up short, because that area got me twice, lol.

Weird shyt exists.  

I get that local course knowledge is important.  I get that there are areas that require greater care to avoid ball "traps". I get all of that. But sometimes, it just doesn't "make sense".  If this coding was done on purpose, then SCREW the coders.  I suspect it was a mistake.  And I suspect there are others.

I agree that this stuff is rare, Extremely rare.  But still....

Hugs,

Rach**

RSS