Forums

Help › Forums

Friends leaving....

Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:55 AM (121 replies)
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 2:24 PM

Nice work WGT.........with all the fkn around with game play. Lip out 2 footers....wind a coin toss to see if it's real...balls going OB when dinged etc. etc. Of course we all make mistakes , and that's what golf is all about, but this site has become pure BS and is all about $$. People are leaving and many more will be. 

I don't complain when a shot goes bad and I don't own a tinfoil hat...so save the remarks... trolls.  The only thing that has kept me here is friends.....and another one has left the building. Rethink ...or sink WGT.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 3:50 PM

no comment

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 6:31 PM

adaputter:

no comment

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 6:38 PM

adaputter:

no comment

Go ahead.....and comment. I have been around the block here and kinda feel I have earned the right to voice my opinion. I have seen friends who are killer players miss shots that a hack could make.These players are good and know what to hit.....and when. Sorry......but I am calling BS on that . WGT can fk around with the game all they want and some wont notice.....but many will and then hang up the WGT bag.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 7:04 PM

I will comment!

I do not have a problem with the wind effectively lying, lip outs, missed short putts via lying dots, or balls that occasionally go OB (although I have seldom see a dinged shot go OB unless it is the wrong club or hits a pin and once of St A's...hitting a mound the wrond side and cannoning OB - and seen that in real life too)) nor do I care if I shoot an 60 or an 80.

I am a golfer....and see odd things on the real course as well - sometimes more so!

But I agree, TG is about money, and has zero genuine concerns for the players. This has got progressively worse since they took over, and the game has become even more gimmicky - nearly like the target audience is for preschoolers or first graders,

At least Chad was personable and he and his team were occasionally around when things went wrong.....now it is seemingly forbidden to comment and the silence has become deafening.

People have always come and gone - that is a fact....and as a result, probably has been the business model. Daft IMO, as a business should treasure it's loyal customers first and then win new customers - proven business model regardless of industry.

What is the long term prognosis? Who knows but with flash, the current programmers, the lack of communication and a sometimes unstable platform, probably not great for PC users....probably better for mobile customers.....sadly of which I will not be a part of.

You are right what keep many of us here......friends, without that I too would have been long gone - the sad thing for WGT is that it is effectively the community that holds players here.......not so much the product (which is still a good one, despite the flaws).

Did I say too much....too little.....:)

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 8:33 PM

My original post was after playing a longtime friend who said she was giving up on this BS game,,,,,due to exactly what I mentioned.She knows her stuff..... Tough holes..tough wind....tough putts.....bring it.!  but ridiculous bs intervention is simply that....BS.

Edit..I don't ever give a rats azz who wins and it is always just for fun, but seeing a good player  missing what all others would have bet they would make is painful....They forgot how to play ? Fk around with the game ....if you must. I wont  be here to see it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 9:02 PM

I call BS on the whole stinky attitude. The game is what it is and if one is so weak  the nuances get to oneself then go play something else. Suck it up.

• bigrayyy
    53 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 9:23 PM
    i disagree Jim...this game aint nearly what it used to be...you know it, I know it and anybody above the rank of legend knows it...when they start selling ball "effects" then you know this game has gone to hell in a handbasket...I've had a ton of shots lately go long, short, right, left etc that were well thought out and dinged...I like to think I can play this game pretty good but lately it's a fk'n adventure... I don't care if I win or lose, much like Romax...I have a handful of very good friends that I enjoy hanging out with and He's at the top of the list... I can tell you this...I've bought my last club and giving serious thought to using rock balls so wgt doesn't get any more of my $$$ BigRayyy
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 9:29 PM

YankeeJim:

I call BS on the whole stinky attitude. The game is what it is and if one is so weak  the nuances get to oneself then go play something else. Suck it up.

+1 Jim

Side note: If you're lipping out from 2 feet I'd say you're hitting 2 footers wrong.  Don't give the hole away and ram it in you'll be hard pressed to miss one that way.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 12 2017 10:07 PM
    bigrayyy:
    disagree Jim...this game aint nearly what it used to be...you know it, I know it and anybody above the rank of legend knows it...when they start selling ball "effects" then you know this game has gone to hell in a handbasket..
    The gimmicks are twee, and aimed at revenue raising.......

But players who often complain are players that never really learnt the game fully in the first place.

I remember how the great Andyson would disprove many of these theories......and the "dinged shots" going OB are very rare, missed 2 foot putts etc., I find this hard to believe unless they tried to baby the putt in on a slope....I think that is why Jim called BS on that..

Regardless, if you simply play for fun, what the heck difference does it make? Zero.....a few laughs is worth 10 missed 2 footers IMO

Sorry, no formatting......gone again sigh.....comes and goes

RSS