Forums

Help › Forums

Friends leaving....

Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:55 AM (121 replies)
  • thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 10:44 PM

Jimbog1964:

Whilst at it I personally find Sleeping Beauty offensive - A clear case of non-consensual encroaching.

Also ban little red riding hood, Cinderella and as for Pinocchio and that nose...................Apparently, some parents still have male boys called boys and girls allowed the term girl.  One teacher even tried to identify as male rather than trans or non trans............It's all out there and must stop:)

I read the article with disbelief.Some individuals and their  interpretations are so very skewed (huge understatement ) ,Jim.

It seems that the small minority is changing  and setting new standards for the majority.

The insanity and the absurdity of it all .

xoXO

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 1:21 AM

And another good and interesting thread here at the main forum gets destroied by leading the discussion on a personally level. It´s a pity, like so often before.

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:57 AM

I'll bring it back on topic. I have been playing this game for years and before that, Tiger Woods on line. There are many weird happenings when playing this game, and as I recall it has always been that way sometimes more often than not.

Now I am sure WGT's main interest is money and not how they can make friends, and I gather from the vast majority of these posts is that these posters do very well in that department by themselves.

On the other hand I have had all of these gremlin type hits and misses and it does little to complain on a message board other than to let off steam. When these things happen to me during a game I usually say a few obscenities and continue on with the game. Since I don't play against any other golfers my pride is not hurt by a bad shot for all to see. Maybe that's the real reason.

At any rate, it's just a game. Enjoy.   

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 7:00 AM

PSUTOM:
    Tiger Woods on line.

That one should have taken all of 5 minutes to master, which was its problem.

The OP had his say and agree or disagree with that, if your are still on the ladies tees at L94 it is not the the games fault.

I personally do not see what the OP sees, but wading in as a M......Hmmm.Honestly, I would look elsewhere to see what you need to correct.  No offence to you, just my take on such posts.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 10:32 AM

On the other hand I have had all of these gremlin type hits and misses and it does little to complain on a message board other than to let off steam. When these things happen to me during a game I usually say a few obscenities and continue on with the game. 

That's true about the steam release and I guess looking back that's what I was doing. The way the game plays some days is very frustrating for sure, as  is the real game of golf.That was never really my point, but rather the effect messed up shots was having on a friend.

I can accept it when I mess up  a shot and realize that somewhere in the high 90% range it is my own fault and I made an error. I am happy with my play for the most part and WGT is certainly a fantastic site and has provided me with countless hours of entertainment and thousands of laughs with friends..I guess losing a friend just struck a nerve for me.

I like to be good at what I do. If that is wrong....I'm sorry, but it's just my way. If I measure and cut a board perfectly, I expect it to fit. If it doesn't , then I made a mistake. I just call myself a dumb pluck (out loud usually) and redo it. Lol.

I apologize for some of my sarcasm and smarta$$  rebuttals, but I have never been one to not stand up for myself either. Again...It's just my way. Enjoy the game all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 1:25 PM

Romax:
    The way the game plays some days is very frustrating for sure, as  is the real game of golf.

This is exactly what sets this game apart from any other golf game. The sad part is, a ton of people don't get it, especially the ones with the gamer mentality and TW type experience with golf games. 

Say what you will about what is perceived as game faults, this is as close to the real thing there is. 

p.s., A fun thought is to look at the real pro leaderboard and find yourself in one of those guys.  ;-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 8:48 PM

Romax:
    I apologize for some of my sarcasm and smarta$  rebuttals, but I have never been one to not stand up for myself either.

LOL....seems we have similar traits!

I think Jim nailed it though, the inconsistency in the game does set it aside to many other golf games - so if I miss a 2 footer (and I when I do, not if - it has invariably been my fault) on here, it is really like the real game!

The way I look at it is, I play to relax and have fun.....a virtual missed putt will never phase me, if it does, then it is time for me to take a break from the game.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 9:29 PM

Nothing  at all  to do with this topic, but I invited a friend tonight only to learn she had been killed in a car accident in Puerto Rico by.a drunk driver Her family is playing for her,to ease their pain and tell her friends.....I cried and am not ashamed to admit it.....RIP Melissa.

And that is what the game is all about.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 10:13 PM

I've had a couple dinged shots go OB. The first was a bounce off a small hill. Fix? Don't aim there again. The second happened when I scrolled thru my FL and forgot to choose the right club again. Fix? Pay attention to what you're doing.

Lip outs? Sure, I've had them. But played the same course a day later, had some of the same putts, and sank them. Morale of the story? I missed those putts because I did something wrong. And even if I hadn't it's still not going to change my life.

I played TW for a while also. It actually helped me here as the putting grid is almost identical to WGT. Which only left figuring out the green speeds.

I have noticed some subtle changes, but so what? I don't think making the game a little more difficult to play is a bad thing. Keeping us honest as it were.

But when all is said and done the choice to play is up to you. 

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 6:33 AM

Jimbog1964:

The OP had his say and agree or disagree with that, if your are still on the ladies tees at L94 it is not the the games fault.

I personally do not see what the OP sees, but wading in as a M......Hmmm.Honestly, I would look elsewhere to see what you need to correct.  No offence to you, just my take on such posts.

One of the (many) reasons I do not have many posts here is the personal attacks, and also the reason I don't play head to head along with "disconnects."

My choice of tee's is not up to me it is bestowed upon me by WGT because I play the calendar/bracket tourneys. As far as I know I am playing on the tee's for a Tour Master, which as you know is my rank. The fact that I am not in a higher rank may have something to do with several years layoff from WGT and was never corrected on my start date.

But feel free to express your opinions never the less.

RSS