Forums

Help › Forums

Gift Of Golf Foundation

Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    19,036 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 6:20 AM

Sorry to hear that, Brian. R told me to stay out of it as he was handling it.  (Jan, 10).  But I have just sent him another message.  He’s been booted (from his very short-term membership) of course, quite some time ago.

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 6:59 AM

AlaskanDame:
    he was handling it.

I don't expect to get anything from him. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 7:07 AM

Yes AD ,  The TY Rate has been better , I  always give people the benefit of the doubt , Perhaps they forgot about the forum or disappointed in their gift , Maybe they don't know how to equip their new clubs ?   I don't know , They can always send me a message , I  had contact with all of them prior to the 13th . 

I think some changes will be made if we go forward with the GOGF , I would hate to see it end now.  We have been doing this since Aug. 2017 .  I think there is still some life left . 

From now on the panel of 5 will vote on all nominees as usual , All nominees that are approved by the panel must contact me and agree to the terms by the 14th of the month. 

They can nominate themselves however they need at least one person who will second the motion , People who are nominated by an outside party will not need a second motion , Every nominee must reply and accept the nomination before the 14th in this thread , They must agree to equip the gifted clubs and use them for at least 30 days before selling said clubs , They must agree to post a thank you in this thread within 3 days of receiving gifts . 

A list of names will go to the person running the Xmas in July & the 12 days of Xmas ( Providing those events occur )   Anyone in bad standing with the GOGF will most likely be excluded form the Xmas events , To be decided by the host and sponsors of those events .

Casey

• rmpor
    70 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 8:54 AM

CEverett12:
    None of the 3 recipients came here and said thank you

Casey, don't let those people get you down. In the 12DOC  I got a little involved filling a request for a set of clubs and not a peep form the member. However I also sent out simple stuff like sleeves of balls and to a person they all sent their thanks and appreciation, so there are a lot more people with class here than the ungrateful ones.

You and the others who spend their time and efforts to help members of WGT  is appreciated by many. Don't let a couple of bad apples ruin all your work.

Dick

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 9:21 AM

CEverett12:
    A list of names will go to the person running the Xmas in July & the 12 days of Xmas ( Providing those events occur )   Anyone in bad standing with the GOGF will most likely be excluded form the Xmas events , To be decided by the host and sponsors of those events .

That is a very good idea Casey. Not only will we know who has received gifts but also who wasn't thankful for what he was gifted. 

• JDGHOST
    6,802 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 10:01 AM

Hey Casey.

I know of a Tour Pro who is newish to the game and is playing like a true addict (Like a lot of us are) He dove in the WGT pond head first!!... He is need of a few upgrade's none more than a 3wood tho (still playing a starter) he is level 37 ....I seen an epic flash level 33 he would be able to use all the way to legend? .....Player name is .."sandloft" I am sure he would be thankful and thrilled....I have sent him some sleeves of Callaways to get him off the starters ...Anyway keep him in your possible's....

Thanks JD

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 10:05 AM

While I understand that Casey and others (Incl me) are upset by the rudeness of some of these recipients...please don't mistake that for what happened to Brian Callaghan. He was outright defrauded and wgt should be looking into it. Maybe ban this TP altogether.

ct

• JDGHOST
    6,802 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 10:09 AM

BTW I do agree that it's seems some are not as grateful as we would like... I try and donate here as often as possible and will continue to do so irregardless....My thought is there ARE good people that truly need the help (mostly for financial  reasons) I myself am disabled and live on a small SSI income which holds me back from being MORE helpful here on the wonderful GOG platform !!  So I can only assume there are other's in similar situations that really do Need and appreciate the gifts.....

JD

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 10:12 AM

My comments on this for what it’s worth are , that when I received gifts from you Casey , I was super excited , and would never have not thanked you both personally and in the forum . But I have been a mobile player for a long time , and using these forums also for a long time . A lot of players don’t . I know the person I nominated , but don’t know , has been struggling to find his way around the game on his android , let alone navigate these forums , also he never responds to my invites for a game , I wonder if he is just a bit lost as to know what to do. 
     The support you have given and generosity of spirit are not lost on us , but we are not all the same , 

please keep going , Lesley

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 11:38 AM

RSS