Help › Forums

Oakmont removed after update ??

Fri, Nov 10 2017 8:07 AM (99 replies)
    4,135 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 1:58 PM

stevietwotimes:

bring back Oakmont and Cabo :)

say goodbye to Merion and Pinehurst....

Cabo over Merion?  Hot dog over prime rib?  Prius over Tesla?

Appreciate Merion before WGT blows it again and it too is gone.

• GoCruiseNow
    9 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 1:58 PM

8 years on WGT for me. Lots of fun over the years - formulated some great friendships along the way. In that regard, it has been great. However, I can, and without any reservation whatsoever, say that this format is becoming more and more of an arcade environment vs. that of what I believe WGT had originally intended - as close to life-like golf as possible. The fact is, whether us old timers here like to admit it or not, that is what it has degenerated into. 

There appeared to have been major strides made over the years - I saw them. Some great moves on their part. I even got a bunch of personal friends to join. I have not recommended that in quite some time, and it doesn't appear I will do so in the near future.

I've also been to a few TopGolf locations - while great family fun, it's just not my cup of tea. It's an arcade with mats and targets. It is not golf. WGT used to be golf. It was fun. As evidenced by my lack of play here lately (and thereby my lack of financial donation to the overall TopGolf / WGT bankroll) - they should be able to gauge my deteriorating interest in their product.

Oakmont should not have gone, it is a serious error in judgement at the executive level at TopGolf. 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:17 PM

WGTicon:

Hi,

Our agreement with the course has ended, so it’s no longer playable on WGT.

-WGTicon

This is THE LAMEST explanation I think I have ever heard in my entire life. 

icon is just a "moderator" with limited access to business decisions especially at this level

WHERE IS A REPRESENTATIVE FROM WGT!? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Like that's gonna happen.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:33 PM

I heard there is a video circling online of WGT security officers dragging Oakmont off a plane while it screamed that it wanted to stay...Supposedly, Oakmont hit it's clubhouse on the armrest of the plane and was bloodied and bruised.  Mr. WGT released a statement saying that he supported the removal of Oakmont and felt no need to inform paying customers that it had been removed.  

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:39 PM

overtheedge:

WGTicon:

Hi,

Our agreement with the course has ended, so it’s no longer playable on WGT.

-WGTicon

This is THE LAMEST explanation I think I have ever heard in my entire life. 

icon is just a "moderator" with limited access to business decisions especially at his level

WHERE IS A REPRESENTATIVE FROM WGT!? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Like that's gonna happen.

Methinks a bean counter at Top Golf conducted a proper audit...saw the millions of dead accounts, and recommended to not throw good money after bad. 

All the great ideas suggested by the members, blown off over the years, have come home to roost

That said, WGT remains a monopoly and will probably survive; even if there is only one course available. 

ct

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:00 PM

GoCruiseNow:
    Oakmont should not have gone, it is a serious error in judgement at the executive level at TopGolf. 

Topgolf isn't even in the same league as Oakmont.

Topgoof is no different than Warner Brothers cartoons - Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and the Roadrunner all waiting to tee it up at "Cabo"....LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Topgolf has proven to ALL OF US that TopGolf has NO CLASS, NO RESPECT, and NO CONSIDERATION for its paying customers. 

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:30 PM

Easy on WGT everyone we have no idea the legal aspect for Oaky being removed..has anyone thought mabey they cant tell us..for liability issues.

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:38 PM

Chris1973M:

Easy on WGT everyone we have no idea the legal aspect for Oaky being removed..has anyone thought mabey they cant tell us..for liability issues.

Wishful thinking on your part, Chris.  Even if true they would still have known this could happen and failed to inform paying customers that it was a possibility.

While we don't know the details of the agreement with Oakmont, one thing we know for sure is that WGT keeps it's customers ill informed of anything that is happening.  And then when it does happen they offer up a useless explanation.  We have seen them do this time and time again.

So if I have to chose between the 2 possibilities, I'll chose that WGT is just once again keeping it's customers in the dark.....because that's been proven over and over.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:44 PM

Mabey they (WGT/TopGolf)  held out hope, a deal would happen,  not wanting to upset the wonderful world of wgt.  Knowing when PGA events are hosted...that course cant even sell there own merchandise during the event. could just be a matter Oakmont didnt want play ball anymore.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 3:57 PM

overtheedge:
    Topgolf has proven to ALL OF US that TopGolf has NO CLASS, NO RESPECT, and NO CONSIDERATION for its paying customers. 

^^^^ you do know they're laughing their balls off, over all this, right?

I concur with ct

WGT has treated you all the same since it's inception. Hell, some of you lifers gave them the keys to the kingdom, by testing the mobile versions for them.

If you want to know who is to really blame, look in a mirror.

It never ceases to amaze me, that the individuals that create problems, & disharmony, are the very ones complaining, months, years later about their creations becoming beastly unforgiving.

You have yourselves to blame, for the mobile version, taking over the PC version, which you lifers facilitated, in your haste to show your relentless support.

Your return is now beginning to happen. The "BEAN COUNTERS" are streamlining all business capital, towards better ventures. 

The loss to the epic posters, is what is going to be your final demise. Some, most, have to see their own words daily, to bolster their own egos. When you all have no venue, to  help, hate, abuse others, then, & only then, will you do the necessary thing.

One of you had his kitchen design business, openly flaunted, against the T&C's, until some what recently, it was taken down.

His response? Do it all over again on the profile page. Sharp sticks for sale cheap...

However it will, (IS) to late to give up the infamy in your own minds.

A business is only as good, as the people paying to have it operating.

Most of you openly, admittedly expound, about not spending a dime, on this game. Now you wonder why they do nothing for you in return. Really?

A business does what it does to survive, or cut it's losses, and if any of you think they are going to precede an event, by way of notifying the patrons, none of you have any business sense.

As long as there is one course, and the forums, you lifers will do nothing to change what you now despise.

They have you all magnanimously hooked, like heroin addicts...

Lose lips, sink ships...

This is hilarious

RSS