Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont removed after update ??

Fri, Nov 10 2017 8:07 AM (99 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:13 AM

Come on WGT......you are removing a course and there is not even one sniff as to an explanation of why ?

Is this what you call "customer service" ?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will assume that something went wrong during the update....

If you removed that course with no explanation, especially before it was even removed, that is pathetic beyond belief.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:47 AM

Hi,

Our agreement with the course has ended, so it’s no longer playable on WGT.

-WGTicon

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:17 AM

WGTicon:
    Our agreement with the course has ended

So an end was known. Why no announcement to the playing community that the end is near and the contract would not be renewed?

Disgraceful. 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:45 AM

I'd certainly have to say this does not bode well for adding new courses, if they are unwilling to spend the money to renew existing contracts.

Doc :(

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:47 AM

WGTicon:

Hi,

-WGTicon

What about the Custom Course Builders that include Oakmont holes? 

If the holes are gone, shouldn't anyone/everyone who purchased a CC Builder, and used an Oakmont hole in their Custom Course be reimbursed?

Our CC just finished (yesterday) a Custom Course that had hole #1 from Oakmont on it, so I can't tell if it's there or not.

Do away with Chambers Bay and Royal St George, lol....use that money to re-sign with Oakmont :-)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:49 AM

WGTicon:

Alright, what is done is done.

How about getting a contract with the Augusta National Golf Club, WGT? I'm sure your users will forgive you for Oakmont. Just an idea...

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:51 AM

WGTicon:

Hi,

-WGTicon

So no one at either WGT or Top Golf had the sense to get their heads out of their behinds and renew the contracts ? I know that its not your fault Icon but its just pathetic that management could be so worthless . Why didnt someone have the sense to drop both Cabo and Whistler if needed and save Oakmont ?

The worst part about it all is that nothing was told to us the customers about this happening . I thought things were supposed to be getting better now that Top Golf was in the game .What happened to this was going to be good for WGT and even better for the customers who play the game .

So I guess there will be a ton of threads about this big let down and glad that Im on this end where its safe . 

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:59 AM

They can make up for the loss of Oakmont by giving us a back door now to play Erin Hills in stroke play...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:00 AM

skccvb:

They can make up for the loss of Oakmont by giving us a back door now to play Erin Hills in stroke play...

May is coming :)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:04 AM

I'm thinking the agreement didn't just expire. WGT broke the agreement by allowing us to use Oakmont holes in CC custom courses and Oakmont canceled it. 

RSS