Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont removed after update ??

Fri, Nov 10 2017 8:07 AM (99 replies)
  • Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:01 AM

Don't worry. In 2025 the US Open is coming back to Oakmont then we'll get the course back.  LOL

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:15 AM

Hewsey:
    Don't worry. In 2025

WGT/TG won't be here. I know I won't be.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:28 AM

Oakmont wanted too much $$ to renew.Ty for heads up wgt

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:30 AM

I have a hard time believing it's gone. Feels almost like the loss of a cherished posession. Played the course so many times, hard to believe I'll never see certain holes again. Man...

I'm seriously having a hard time with this... lol..

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:49 AM

AgentBrown123:

Renewing agreement dude. The agreement wasn't renewed, they decided to end it instead of renewing an agreement

I'm not so sure AB, there is no mention of it not being renewed, just that it's ended.

WGTicon:

Our agreement with the course has ended, so it’s no longer playable on WGT.

It's pure speculation but I agree with the theory that making the course available for custom builds didn't go down well with the powers that be at Oakmont CC.  If the agreement was coming to an end naturally they would have warned us..........

Wouldn't they..........................?

AgentBrown123:

I have a hard time believing it's gone. Feels almost like the loss of a cherished posession. Played the course so many times, hard to believe I'll never see certain holes again. Man...

I'm seriously having a hard time with this... lol..

I hear you there, losing Oakmont is pretty terrible.  Some of the most challenging holes and greens in the game have gone. 

Just like that......

• Als6437
    428 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 11:08 AM

Too bad we did not know of this ahead of time, then we could have made a copy of Oakmont as a custom course.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 11:33 AM

I for 1 would like to see Royal St. Rubbish and Pinehurt & Merion go bye bye.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 11:41 AM

Sad day, would have traded Pine and Merion for Oakmont. Lost a great course.

Nothing else to say just unbelievable

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 11:56 AM

Do any of the Best Of (hardest, par 4, par 3, par 5) courses have an Oakmont hole? I should know, but I can't recall. 

If not, then this has been known for a long, long time. Pity we weren't told. 

I guess if there are any other courses with holes not included, can we assume they'll be next up to the guillotine?

4,135 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:06 PM

Sad to see Oakmont go, even sadder that this iconic course was not given a proper farewell by WGT or it's customer's given notice before abruptly pulling the plug.  What a slap in the face.

For those of you non-golfers that play WGT you may have no idea of Oakmont's rich, storied history, one of the great courses of the world.  A national treasure.

I'm surprised they let the WGT clowns set foot on their hallowed grounds and the same goes for Merion.

Erin Hills, Chambers Bay...meh.  Not in the same league, not even close.

RSS