Forums

Help › Forums

*** Heads up - Nike clubs are going away ***

Wed, Feb 1 2017 9:29 PM (57 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:53 PM

alosso:

yeah Paul....still feels like Winter on my end.  ;-)  ( literally !! )   

Wasn't really bothered what the clubs morphed into, but thanks for clearing that up WGT

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 12:22 AM

renniw52:

nice to know, no way I could purchase new sticks

Hey renn, if you check your inventory you should find that you won't have to. Happy hitting. 

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 1:24 AM

Thanks for the informations, very appreciated, Icon and Universe.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 1:50 AM

alcaucin:
    ..still feels like Winter on my end.  ;-)  ( literally !! )

This kind of winter?

These are two golf courses 40 miles away from me, FW 18 and Tee 1 respectively.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 2:39 AM

alosso:

This kind of winter?

ooooh, not that kind of Winter... ( tho Malaga campo area saw about 7 flakes of snow a coupla weeks ago )

Sunbathing by the pool yesterday  ( sorry ;-p ), tho raining today & changeable for the next week or so.....

What I meant by Winter was that the temp dropped to a single figure 9 C the other night !!!  ;-)))

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 3:24 AM

OIC - "Winter"!

We're glad that the temps rose to single digit freezing -8 C after -14 C last week :o)

OTOH, even gladder (sp?) that I'm not in Canada (-40 we were told) or in central Africa (+40 C last week)!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 3:37 AM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that Nike clubs are going away early next week. The balls will be around for a while longer though.

-WGTicon

Thx for the heads up
    WGTUniverse:
    The Nike clubs that everyone owns will remain Nike clubs. They are just taking them off the store so that they can't be purchased anymore. 
    ...and thx for clearing that up
  • Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:20 AM

fatdan:

I agree they will go back to original levels, and they will be as good...your talking opening up the source code, deleting the word "Nike" and the logo, and pasting WGT in it's place with a new image...that's basically it...

I don't know if you remember the callaway hex balls that where changed to chrome soft?

they didn't work properly for months after the change 

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 4:28 AM

Joshnosh:
    I don't know if you remember the callaway hex balls that where changed to chrome soft?

they didn't work properly for months after the change

My L33 Callies worked perfectly regardless of the version.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 7:14 AM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that Nike clubs are going away early next week. The balls will be around for a while longer though.

-WGTicon

Thanks for the info, Icon, cheers. Just wondering, will we be able to sell Nike clubs after they have been removed from the pro shop?

RSS