Forums

Help › Forums

*** Heads up - Nike clubs are going away ***

Wed, Feb 1 2017 9:29 PM (57 replies)
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2017 9:13 AM

alosso:
    3,450 games cost about 345 sleeves of balls.

Your math is usually spot on, but you were just a tad off here. One gets 20 9 hole rounds out of a 2,5 dot sleeve, not 10. And double that for a par 3 course, with almost the same XP.

Still a huge number though ;-)

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:19 PM

Really?  Crikey, I best get on with my Christmas shopping!

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 1:36 AM

Since Tiger anounced he's going with Taylor Made woods and irons I'm venturing a guess that those will be at least some replacement clubs.

Would like to see a fire sale as someone mentioned.5L drop to purchase. Get that L95 Nike driver before it goes bye bye.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 2:12 AM

mkrizan86:

alosso:
    3,450 games cost about 345 sleeves of balls.

Your math is usually spot on, but you were just a tad off here. One gets 20 9 hole rounds out of a 2,5 dot sleeve, not 10. And double that for a par 3 course, with almost the same XP.

Still a huge number though ;-)

Hmm...

120 hit per ball x3 = 360 in a sleeve. That would equal 20 games of 18 shots / 9 holes. Add 14 putts for an average score of 32. Should be feasable for a L95 player, though above my meagre skills.

Though this doesn't count in the odd lost ball, I may have to revise my old assumption of 10. This resulted from an overall count of the games that I played over a span of time, divided by the sleeves that I bought. IIRC, I was a Master then, playing Tour-SD with 100 shots...

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 11:18 AM

i bought the Fly ones, they are awesome tbh that meter is so slow compared to r11s got a hole in one on my first day with them :)

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2017 12:30 PM

Joshnosh:

i bought the Fly ones, they are awesome tbh that meter is so slow compared to r11s got a hole in one on my first day with them :)

I guess a congratulations are in order :) Raced like a maniac to get to L92 but can`t afford them, nice you`re happy with them :)

Bjorn

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 1:36 AM

Very happy i bought them now with the nike clubs now gone and the new callaway apex irons in place at the previous higher levels.

i wonder if everyone will upgrade to them now i see they are 100 credits more but they both have slightly slower meter speeds

• TenderMango
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2017 9:29 PM

Oh man, wish I saw this a couple of days ago.  I usually lurk on the forums to try and pick up some tips, but totally missed it.  I was about 5 credits short the other day, when I wanted to buy the Nike Level 81 irons, as I figured I need to go on an update run again to get better.  Finally got the credits yesterday, only to see it missing, came here today to find out what happened, and this, lol.  

Hopefully, the new clubs come out soon.

RSS