Forums

Help › Forums

*** Heads up - Nike clubs are going away ***

Wed, Feb 1 2017 9:29 PM (57 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 4:47 PM

WGTicon:
    I just wanted to let you know that Nike clubs are going away early next week. The balls will be around for a while longer though.

Is it the end of November already? Wow, for me, time just flies by these days. ;-) 

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:10 PM

mkg335:

So the Nike clubs we have now will just become wgt clubs but keep the same specs, right?

This is going to be real interesting . Looks like whatever the new brand is going to be its a wait and see . But this rebrand on both ends is beginning to feel like a shaft coming around the corner . I can understand not being able to sell anymore clubs under the nike brand but why those of us who  already have them have to change too is what gets me .

• WGTUniverse
    94 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:20 PM

ct690911:

mkg335:

So the Nike clubs we have now will just become wgt clubs but keep the same specs, right?

I just hope they don't become really expensive, bland looking starter clubs...lol

The Nike clubs that everyone owns will remain Nike clubs. They are just taking them off the store so that they can't be purchased anymore. 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:43 PM

WGTUniverse:
    The Nike clubs that everyone owns will remain Nike clubs. They are just taking them off the store so that they can't be purchased anymore. 

Thanks!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:46 PM

Uni, thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 6:14 PM

nice to know, no way I could purchase new sticks

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 7:43 PM

Well i guess this makes up my mind for me better buy the 92 ones while i can. when new ones comes in im sure they will be back to previous levels, and we have no guarantee that they will be as good

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 9:18 PM

I agree they will go back to original levels, and they will be as good...your talking opening up the source code, deleting the word "Nike" and the logo, and pasting WGT in it's place with a new image...that's basically it...

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:04 PM

WGTUniverse:

ct690911:

mkg335:

I just hope they don't become really expensive, bland looking starter clubs...lol

Thanks for the heads up. Everybody was wondering.

Unless Taylor Made signs me to an endorsement deal, I'll keep hitting those flashy blue sticks.

Well hell, I was a factory-backed driver once...for Alfa Romeo, just before they pulled out of the U.S. market. And no, I was not the cause lol.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:39 PM
RSS