Help › Forums

I'm kind of upset at WGT false advertising

Sat, Jan 7 2017 2:30 PM (66 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:00 AM

hi everyone

I would like to clarify 2 things:

1. there is only 1 other account I use (iconian) and i use it only to play, not comment on forum as it's my personal account. there is no other alter-ego of mine here..  wgtuniverse just really really likes me and I like them just as much:)

2. i never said anything about when they are going away, as I do not know. I always said 1 thing: i would personally stock up on them as they may go away without any warning. when I say something personal, that's my opinion, not anything else based on any other facts

:)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:52 AM

Then what about this In November of last year

Was that from a WGT employee?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:57 AM

WGTicon:
    there is only 1 other account I use

Took my post seriously, huh? 

WGTicon:
    there is no other alter-ego of mine here..

Then, where is it?

WGTicon:
     wgtuniverse just really really likes me and I like them just as much:)

Them? Hmm..alter-egos or multiple accounts? 

Is that rotten egg smell in SF getting to you?

BTW...since you responded to my post (#1), I assume you're either in a bad mood, or lack a sense of humor. It's all cool, though. I hate people, too :-) 

On the subject of the OP's post...why would you buy so many balls, anyway? Personally, it doesn't matter what kind of symbol is on a ball, so when the Nikes are gone, WGT can very simply take the starter rock, give it the same attributes as the Nike's had, and put chicken lip logos on them and sell them for same price and 99% of Nike users would probably still buy them just so they wouldn't have to remap a new ball.

If they removed the Callaway ball I use, and replaced it with another ball/brand/logo, I'd buy it and keep on truckin'. 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 12:03 PM

It's simply a general statement about what is going to happen. It doesn't say that the Nike balls would be gone at the end of November. In fact, it even says "I don't believe the balls will be removed at the same time as the clubs."

But, yes, it says "load up." But that's general advice to those who want to play Nike balls, even after they're gone. I really don't see what the issue is. People would actually feel better if they had loaded up on the Nike balls in November and not have the ability to buy any more at this point? 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 1:24 PM

Not sure what the fuss is about - all we are buying are licenses  for pixels on a screen, not a brand......

But to have 70,000 credits available to acquire more pixels simulating a Nike ball....now that is a luxury most of us rank and file players would love to have.

WGT will substitute the Nike balls for something as they will never cut off the hand that feeds the beast.

Add to that read carefully, WGT has been totally non-committal in saying anything apart from they will go........at sometime, but if you want to have a tick on your pixelated ball....then buy up

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 1:29 PM

mnshiner:

Then what about this In November of last year

Was that from a WGT employee?

BOOM, you did the heavy lifting for me MNSHINER.. lol, thanks for finding this. Yes i was led to believe Nike products would be gone at the end of November, and even WGT employees confirmed this notion. Oh well, ce la vie mates. Thanks again MNSHINER.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 1:30 PM

Enough talking balls, only one question needs answered here -

WGTicon:

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 1:36 PM

jayw4862:
    On the subject of the OP's post...why would you buy so many balls, anyway? Personally, it doesn't matter what kind of symbol is on a ball, so when the Nikes are gone, WGT can very simply take the starter rock, give it the same attributes as the Nike's had, and put chicken lip logos on them and sell them for same price and 99% of Nike users would probably still buy them just so they wouldn't have to remap a new ball.

I've been using the Nike Black RZN balls for a few years now and really grasp how they play in regard to spin control, distance needed, how they react on greens, etc. I figured once they were to leave the proshop, another ball of such quality wouldn't be available anymore. You make a case though in regard to WGT just planting "chicken lip logos" on a ball and forlaying the same attributes as the Nike Black RZN, guess i got hopped up over nothing. Happy hitting mates, cheers, your friend and mine, K.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 1:41 PM

Robert1893:
    It's simply a general statement about what is going to happen. It doesn't say that the Nike balls would be gone at the end of November. In fact, it even says "I don't believe the balls will be removed at the same time as the clubs."

Why do you think throughout November, WGT had pop-up screens whenever we logged on that said "Buy Nike eqiupment 5 levels sooner, before they leave the pro-shop" then they gave discounts on Nike irons and Drivers during that month? All indications was that it was to be removed from the proshop. Clearly this isn't the case and i feel lied to and stupidly purchased so many balls because of this. It's not like it was a waste of a credit's, but just felt i was led down a rabbit hole insofar as what the truth was. Still a fun game an enjoy playing. Cheers all. Happy New Year, your friend and mine, K!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 3:06 PM

WGTicon:

OK I am tad confused Icon, possibly a tad worried - you refer to wgtuniverse as a them.....nor as her/him......

Or it could be a more than one person.....or even am animated thing like am automated reply .......see why I am worried.

And more importantly, does DB know how you feel about another mod/mods/thing? Office romances always end up badly :))

May I suggest you get out more often, feel the sunshine and smell the.......daisies....it will do the world of good for you :))

RSS