Forums

Help › Forums

I'm kind of upset at WGT false advertising

Sat, Jan 7 2017 2:30 PM (66 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 5:01 AM

CEverett12:

We will no longer be offering the Nike equipment for purchase in the shop in early spring of 2017.

We decided to keep the Nike Promo going until then.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know and we will be glad to help.

All the best,

WGT Members Services

You heard it from WGT then...March the 20th @ the earliest it is !!

Hmmm  ;-)

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 5:21 AM

krskfr:
    i bought 300 Nike Black Balls

which might serve you for 1,000 nine hole rounds. Play 11 per day, and you will need more before the promotion stops by end of March.

WGT needs good customers!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:29 AM

Not sure why anyone would feel 'upset' at anything that's done here in the name of sucking money from your wallet or earned credits.

I'd have been in total shock to actually see the Nike gear removed on the timetable and in the manner they said it was going to.

• pmm711
    5,532 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 8:20 AM

dedBuNNy:
    I'd have been in total shock to actually see the Nike gear removed on the timetable and in the manner they said it was going to.

Yo Bunny...it's because of this...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/nike-exiting-golf-club-business-to-focus-on-footwear-apparel

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 8:31 AM

mnshiner:
    I was using Nikes then and said to myself  if they are going to be gone better learn a different ball and how it reacts.

Exactly.

I don't understand the idea of "stocking up." Eventually, the person will run out of that ball and have to learn a new ball. A person can do that now (as you did) or later, after the Nike balls are actually pulled from the pro shop. But, eventually, the person will need to learn a new ball.

Additionally, WGT will have replacements for the Nikes. I can see, however, buying a few sleeves for the transition, if a person doesn't want to learn a new ball and prefers to wait to see what WGT offers after the removal of the Nike balls. But other than that, the stocking up approach baffles me. 

But I suppose I'm easily baffled. :-)  

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 8:55 AM

The whole thing reminds me of the dooms day prophecies . Whenever some one predicts the end of the world people go out and stock pile canned goods and cases of bottled water and then wait for the end to come .Hunkered down in a man made bunker and afraid to go outside and play . Then when it doesnt happen they complain about how they went out of their way to prepare for the event to happen .

Go get a Cally ball and be through with it . The L35+ ball is a good ball and only 300 credits or the L33+ at 250 credits . Easy way or the hard way but either way you will be learning a new ball in the end and its just a matter of time .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 9:32 AM

Robert1893:
    Eventually, the person will run out of that ball and have to learn a new ball. A person can do that now (as you did) or later, after the Nike balls are actually pulled from the pro shop. But, eventually, the person will need to learn a new ball.

Not necessarily, there's nothing to stop WGT from simply re-branding the existing range of Nike balls.Even if a replacement brand name hasn't signed up by spring.

Just call them WGT Ultra+ or some other such shite and carry on business as usual.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 9:39 AM

PaulTon:
    Not necessarily, there's nothing to stop WGT from simply re-branding the existing range of Nike balls

Of course, you're absolutely correct. I suppose I should have written that "worst case" scenario is that the person will have to learn a new ball.

And you know that even if they introduce a rebranded Nike ball with the same characteristics, there will be people who will claim it doesn't play the same as the Nike did.  

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 9:43 AM

Robert1893:
    And you know that even if they introduce a rebranded Nike ball with the same characteristics, there will be people who will claim it doesn't play the same as the Nike did.

Yup, think of the fun we'll have in the forum...can't wait!

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 9:57 AM

Anyway you look at is that a WGT employee stated that they would be gone by the end of Nov. 2016 and stock up now. Their post is here in the forums somewhere.

It is all about the money real or virtual, plain and simple.

RSS