Forums

Help › Forums

I'm kind of upset at WGT false advertising

Sat, Jan 7 2017 2:30 PM (66 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 10:18 AM

Oy mates, just wanted to write that I'm kind of perturbed by WGT with the fact that NIKE equipment is still available in the pro-shop after all those advertisements throughout November imploring us to buy up on NIKE products before they're gone from the list. Well, that's exactly what i did, i bought 300 Nike Black Balls (which cost 70,000 credits) as it was my understanding it wouldn't be available - i even messaged WGTICON asking him this question and he advised i buy up the Nike balls while i can. Now it's January 4th, and i feel bamboozled, nothing has been removed from the Pro Shop, and im 70K lighter in credits - it's not a waste as i can make use of my purchase, but it's the fact we were led down the wrong trail with all those Advertisements throughout November. 

• WGTUniverse
    94 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:04 PM

krskfr:

Oy mates, just wanted to write that I'm kind of perturbed by WGT with the fact that NIKE equipment is still available in the pro-shop after all those advertisements throughout November imploring us to buy up on NIKE products before they're gone from the list. Well, that's exactly what i did, i bought 300 Nike Black Balls (which cost 70,000 credits) as it was my understanding it wouldn't be available - i even messaged WGTICON asking him this question and he advised i buy up the Nike balls while i can. Now it's January 4th, and i feel bamboozled, nothing has been removed from the Pro Shop, and im 70K lighter in credits - it's not a waste as i can make use of my purchase, but it's the fact we were led down the wrong trail with all those Advertisements throughout November. 

There were many players complaining that they didn't want to lose any of the Nike equipment yet. I think the promo will be going through January so that players have more time to purchase the equipment. I am glad to see that you were reaching out to ICON that guy knows his stuff

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:11 PM

WGTUniverse:
    I think the promo will be going through January

of what year?

WGTUniverse:
    ICON that guy knows his stuff

You're either new, sucking up, or you're another of Icon's alter-egos ;-)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:19 PM

I was told Nike will be available until spring of 2017 ....

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:21 PM

We will no longer be offering the Nike equipment for purchase in the shop in early spring of 2017.

We decided to keep the Nike Promo going until then.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know and we will be glad to help.

All the best,

WGT Members Services

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:10 PM

Left and right hand maybe?

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Wed, Jan 4 2017 8:51 PM

Only about the Nike's?   To quote a WGT friend of mine "Oi vey".

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 3:00 AM

PhilEStein:

Left and right hand maybe?

Or thumb and fore-finger.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 3:16 AM

300 -500-800 they are still going to run out and you will have to bite the bullet, save your credits,money and adapt when they leave, they leave something will replace them.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 4:37 AM

What this means to me and is just my thought is that WGT needed money either real or credit wise and Got Us. I was using Nikes then and said to myself  if they are going to be gone better learn a different ball and how it reacts. Switched to Legend Callies and have them mapped on a spreadsheet and are working just fine.

Second thought is that WGT hasn't found anyone willing to sign a contract to let them use their Name on a virtual ball or equipment.

RSS