• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 1:18 AM

jayw4862:

WGTicon:
    there is only 1 other account I use

Took my post seriously, huh? 

WGTicon:
    there is no other alter-ego of mine here..

Then, where is it?

WGTicon:
     wgtuniverse just really really likes me and I like them just as much:)

Them? Hmm..alter-egos or multiple accounts? 

Is that rotten egg smell in SF getting to you?

BTW...since you responded to my post (#1), I assume you're either in a bad mood, or lack a sense of humor. It's all cool, though. I hate people, too :-) 

On the subject of the OP's post...why would you buy so many balls, anyway? Personally, it doesn't matter what kind of symbol is on a ball, so when the Nikes are gone, WGT can very simply take the starter rock, give it the same attributes as the Nike's had, and put chicken lip logos on them and sell them for same price and 99% of Nike users would probably still buy them just so they wouldn't have to remap a new ball.

If they removed the Callaway ball I use, and replaced it with another ball/brand/logo, I'd buy it and keep on truckin'. 

no. I think I have very good sense of humor, however, I wanted to clarify that, since that's a prime material for 10 different tinfoil ideas:)

alanti:

WGTicon:
    wgtuniverse just really really likes me and I like them just as much:)

OK I am tad confused Icon, possibly a tad worried - you refer to wgtuniverse as a them.....nor as her/him......

Or it could be a more than one person.....or even am animated thing like am automated reply .......see why I am worried.

And more importantly, does DB know how you feel about another mod/mods/thing? Office romances always end up badly :))

May I suggest you get out more often, feel the sunshine and smell the.......daisies....it will do the world of good for you :))

it's more a humorous reply of ambiguity from an above statement :)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 1:59 AM

alanti:

WGTicon:

OK I am tad confused Icon, possibly a tad worried - you refer to wgtuniverse as a them.....nor as her/him......

It's possible WGTUniverse just doesn't want to reveal whether they are male or female.  It can have a big influence on how some people behave towards another person.

As to Nike balls vanishing one day I'm pretty sure they'll replace all incarnations of them with another brand, only the name will change.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:46 AM

MainzMan:

alanti:

WGTicon:

It's possible WGTUniverse just doesn't want to reveal whether they are male or female.  It can have a big influence on how some people behave towards another person.

As to Nike balls vanishing one day I'm pretty sure they'll replace all incarnations of them with another brand, only the name will change.

MM: You may be on point here. The profile pic went from female to greyed out in short order. 

ct

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:50 AM

WGTUniverse:
    I think the promo will be going through January

Methinks this poor guy was wrongly informed by his team and mates. Took CE only minutes to prove this "thought" wrong. Their bad.

Mr. Universe and Icon, please keep in mind what your first three letters mean:

Mods aren't private here. Those who wear the company uniform speak for the company  and it better be correct to maintain the relevance of their posts.

Furthermore, there's a clear WGT statement in the News of 24 Nov 2016
    (highlighted by me):

Don't miss this last chance to get Nike clubs before they go away at the end of November!

BTW: It's only about clubs, but according to the OP,

krskfr:
    i even messaged WGTICON asking him this question and he advised i buy up the Nike balls while i can.

Apparently, the hype that WGT created is big enough to let it continue, but it leaves the bitter taste of "false advertising" - see the title of this thread.

I never read a clarifying word of your company before this thread.
    WGT might have explained in time - they didn't.
    WGT might have prolonged the promo officially: They didn't.
    The mods might have clarified here: CE did.
    So, following a well-known pattern, customers are kept in incertitude and ambiguity by the company.

As you always say, the majority of customers is outside the forum. They only have WGT's word in the News and compare with reality. What will be their thoughts?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:57 AM

Actually what I thought was cool in all the Nike-hype was that the 70 Versa was discounted - perfect timing on that one. I also noticed not all the Nike gear was discounted either. 

Whatever... Is what it is.

It would be kind of nice to have a definitive statement as to the timeline of the supposed 'end of life' for the Nike gear, although I think this is being done on purpose, yet again as part of the money drain here. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 7:25 AM

Is Icon / Iconian  A male or female ???  Not that it matters , just curious ..

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 7:44 AM

CEverett12:

Is Icon / Iconian  A male or female ???  Not that it matters , just curious ..

Male, but he enjoys wearing a pink tutu. >>>>>> search the forums for "Pink tutu" lol

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2017 8:01 AM

iconian

United States iconian
Level

The Deviations