Forums

Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 9:37 AM

The only downside I see to this is that I wouldn't try to contact customer service anytime soon, as no doubt they've been flooded with 1000's of e-mails telling them what a wonderful, reasonably priced new feature this is.

Doc :)

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:50 AM

JimbeauC:
    I put one together for my CC
    As you have used this new feature could you please answer a question.

Is it possible to specify which pin position is used on holes that have more than one pin? E.G. if you wanted to use the first at St.Andy's can you specify front or back pin?

Thanks

• SammyTee
    1,124 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 1:12 PM

Hey Folks, I think the change in my average was actually due to the conclusion and ending of a bracket tournament I was involved in.

I have subsequently played the new tournament and there was no change in my average even though I went lower than average.

Another member of my CC also played with no affect on his average.

Sorry for the error.

Sam

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 6:29 PM

Stobsbee:

Is it possible to specify which pin position is used on holes that have more than one pin?

Thanks

Nope, although when you use the course that you built for a tourney, you can still specify "hard, easy, medium" pins for the holes that are on courses where that option exists already.  But it is my experience that wgt's opinion of "hard", "easy," and "medium" vary from mine, and they vary from day to day.  Set for "easy" holes, for instance, and then set for "easy" holes again for the same course in a different tourney, and you can get different pin positions.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:09 PM

You can create 10 courses (I think)  then it will cost you 400crs each to start them.  

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:16 PM

WGT, a message from one or two of us this side of the fence to your programmers.

• jenwren
    2,670 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:23 PM

Wutpa:

Rabbit274:
    It's actually 800crs isn't it? 400 to set a custom course and then another 400 to play it ONCE? What a rip-off!

Creating the courses is free. It's playing them that costs the 400 so...no.

Did I read it wrong.  I thought it said that you had to pay 400 credits for the course builder and had to buy another course builder  for each course you build meaning only allowed ten at a time which is 4,000 credits.  

Why can't they deduct from all the XP points we are collecting.  It would make more sense and  no monetary outlay for the person building the courses.

I would be in for that road if they changed it but not the way it is now.

Jenwren

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:57 PM

...i just looked and the way i read it is you can create a course for free....but if you or anyone in your cc want to set up a turny thats when it costs 1 course builder credit....which costs 400 credits  ...

Now a question.....I am  guessing  par for the course will be determined by which holes are used.

Par 3 and 5 have no affect on avg....but what about making a custom course with 17 par 3's and a short par 4......are we going to see Jessica with a new avg...maybe 19??...:))

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:58 PM

Two questions for WGTIcon and a comment:

1.  Do custom courses rounds count in average?  Do some count and not others ... a par 71 or par 72 counts but not a par 54 or 90?  I don't really care what the answer is but players need to know.

2. I figured out it is 400 credits for each published tournament, not each course.  Am I correct in assuming any tournament ... for example a 4 (rounds) x 18 tournament counts as one?

The comment:  As a club owner, first thing I did when I saw the announcement Wednesday was run to owner tools and see what permissions were default.  LOL, I saw custom courses could be created by anyone and I restricted it to directors on the spot.  I saw the complaints earlier in this thread, but that is club management 101.

Overall, I view it as a pricey but potentially fun change of pace, but not to be a staple for any club.

Tom.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:02 PM

jenwren:
    Did I read it wrong.  I thought it said that you had to pay 400 credits for the course builder and had to buy another course builder  for each course you build meaning only allowed ten at a time which is 4,000 credits.  

You can create 10 courses for free.   To run those courses as a CC Comp, it will cost you 400 crs each or one Course Builder.   I think if you get 5 Builders you get a discount  lol.

So basically you or somebody else within the club has to buy those Course builders to actually start a CC comp that anybody has made

Edit ...   anybody can buy a Course Builder.  It just goes to the club   ...  I suppose account.

If a club has 10 Course Builders,  then anybody can make a different course and start them.  I suppose that will have to be policed within the club.

Course Builder is a bad name to use,  It should have been named Course/Comp starter.

RSS