Forums

Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 3:29 AM

It seems to me like it's once again (like the clashes or the, admittedly very limited, stuff you get the higher the level your cc is) it's a big advantage to the large CC's.  They may get the cost of this down to 10c, or less, per player while at a small CC players may well be paying over 100c each.

Does wgt not like small CC's? 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 3:48 AM

Some members do play clash, and i for one wont stop them, i may have name owner next to me but thats as far as it goes........i aint their real life  gaffa ;-)

But i always advise folk not to buy passes but just have some fun if they wish.

But now ive stressed.....play if you wish but buy fook all as these greedy bar stewards are taking the slash........issues galore since update, 400 creds for us country clubs, who without our hard work creating stacks of comps would mean less ball use i may add, to have a created course tournament...wow.........not on your nelly or anyones nelly will that be happening.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 3:51 AM

400 credits for one tourney?

Well, gimme a kiss!

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 4:02 AM

It's actually 800crs isn't it? 400 to set a custom course and then another 400 to play it ONCE? What a rip-off!

• tubbytubb
    121 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 4:40 AM

Howdy Bubbs,

bubbsboy:

Some members do play clash, and i for one wont stop them, i may have name owner next to me but thats as far as it goes........i aint their real life  gaffa ;-)

But i always advise folk not to buy passes but just have some fun if they wish.

But now ive stressed.....play if you wish but buy fook all as these greedy bar stewards are taking the slash........issues galore since update, 400 creds for us country clubs, who without our hard work creating stacks of comps would mean less ball use i may add, to have a created course tournament...wow.........not on your nelly or anyones nelly will that be happening.

Maybe WGT will make us play clashes on custom courses.  They could make more money that way.  LMAO

It was good see in IC with yall again,  I met yet another great member of yall's.  Tell Paul, and Nico I said Howdy.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 5:17 AM

Will do Ronny mate..........great competition between us again.

I said you lot would fight back in it ;-)

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:53 AM

I was initially excited when I saw this option, thinking of all the possibilities and plans for club specific courses.  I went out and built a course set it up for club play and then I read the forum and realized that much like drugs, the first one is free and then you pay for them after that.

I can not believe that WGT would look at this as a revenue source.   All these courses are already designed and on the site, this is just a matter of the club owners putting together a set of 9 or 18 holes using a simple drag and click method.

It would have been a great touch to do this, announce it and say thanks to all our long time members, we hope you like this gift but rather than do that, here is another way for you to pay for something you already have and by the way keep using those expensive balls when you play these courses.

Disappointed to say the least.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:03 AM

Rabbit274:
    It's actually 800crs isn't it? 400 to set a custom course and then another 400 to play it ONCE? What a rip-off!

Creating the courses is free. It's playing them that costs the 400 so...no.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:14 AM

Rabbit274:

Nope, creating a course is free and you can have up to 10 courses created and saved at any given time. But it'll cost you 400 any time you want to use one of them for a tourney.

Like I said before, I understand WGT wants to make money. But the 400 credits should be charged to create a custom course, that would then be free to play on. I would have zero issues with that. 

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:45 AM

mkrizan86:

Like I said before, I understand WGT wants to make money. But the 400 credits should be charged to create a custom course, that would then be free to play on. I would have zero issues with that. 

Totally agree with you. Our CC members would also be more likely to host paid for tourneys if this was the case. If we have to fork out 400 credits just to get started, then it's a big no-no.

RSS