Forums

Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 4:21 PM

I would not worry about these courses affecting averages, it's not like they are even close to a true representation anyway.

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:19 PM

400 cr to use a course??????.....I guess I will never use that option....disapointing to say the least......shame on you WGT

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:32 PM

Once again WGT came up with a decent idea and then gets greedy...I was going to suggest the EXACT SAME THING! but as you said it will fall on deaf ears.With a little more thought this is something that I am sure a lot of clubs will in fact purchase, 10 events for 4,000 credits that th club now "Owns" and can use as often as they want would certainly generate revenue for the site... Think about that WGT!

MainzMan:

I assume averages won't be effected by these courses, at least I hope not.

I was going to ask if having paid 400 credits to design a course it then belonged to the club and could be used as often as they want without paying again.

How silly of me, as if WGT would ever do a thing like that:

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:34 PM

OR maybe we can use the Club earnings!!! Oh wait....

PTrenter:

It's ok, we should be able to pay the 400c a shot out of the CC Bank.

Oh wait.............

I remember a time when not all enhancements to the game came with a price tag attached.

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:45 PM

Ok Ok this is a joke and only a joke.

Bet the new reward for the top finishing CC in the next CC Clash will have the "Golden Putter" removed and replaced by one of the 400credit Course Builders.

Worth about the same right?

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 8:18 PM

Looks like I was not alone, Sorry WGT once again you come up with a really great idea and then this.... 400cr per tourney.   Nope not my C.C. not now not ever,   unless....

One time charge of 400cr  per tournament  to create a club event that my club now "owns" something we can use whenever and as often as we want.  We would buy all 10 within a year.

I suggest you do the Math WGT you just might sell a lot more C.C's this formula.

10 X400 X 50% of C.C. on WGT= Solid revenue.

And just like "saved shots" if a better idea comes along and your list is full, well you now have to delete one and guess what? pay another 400cr.

Not rocket science and I'll go out on a limb and say you would be happy with the economic results a lot more than what you have created instead, at least based on the comments so far.... Just my tupence worth.

Hopefully this won't just fall on deaf ears, but honestly not holding my breath.

• Gepetto1958
    4,229 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 11:23 PM

All that I see in a near future is to have to pay for everything,  even the original courses. And as long as there is, why not pay to save a replay, to chat, to log in!!!!!!

Do you remember the time when, as kids, we were going to inflate the tires or our bicycles to the garage nearby?

Nowadays it will cost you. C'mon kids EVERYONE should have an air pump at home. Have your parents spend!

...I found and cleaned my old Mariogolf game

JP

• jenwren
    2,681 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:28 AM

Good idea - but I run a small CC and we do not have a chance against the much larger CC's.  Besides that, people will be buying more and more passes to try and boost their chances in Clashes, so all I can see is a win/win for WGT/TopGolf.

As I said "good idea, but no thanks".

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:47 AM

Forget the clashes - they are so unfair and the imbeciles at WGT have refused to address that.

Wht players continue to play them actually bewilders me. If you want a competition based on skill, play other CC's. The best thing is you make friends.

WGT is solely focused on money and they do not give a crap about the players. It will hurt them in the longer term, but they are so thick they do not see that.

If I worked for WGT, I would be seriously embarrassed with the way it has gone. Maybe the Pizza Boy was a visionary and looked for an easy way out.  

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 2:07 AM

Amazing that they could do this, but not provide for cc members to pay into a common fund to pay for customs builder, something like a bank would be useful for this.

NO CUSTOM COURSES AT IRISH EX-PATS

RSS