Forums

Help › Forums

*** We would like your feedback - New Game Idea ***

Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:07 AM (201 replies)
  • DufferDuce
    96 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 1:53 AM

Yeah, sounds like a great idea on the surface. But knowing wgt's track record, I shudder to think what the repercussions will be under the surface.

I also, think wgt should fix the current glitches before moving on and creating more. We all know that each time something is changed it causes changes somewhere else in the program that were not anticipated.

And the glitches I am talking about are the chat window glitches and the herky jerky glitches in particular. And of late the very frequent backward avatars.

Thank you

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:22 AM

Firstly, I applaud WGT taking steps to create a new format and enhance the user experience.  I also think getting us involved is great.

I do feel that it would have been better to involve the community a step earlier though.  Rather than come out with a format and ask for feedback, I would have preferred you to have asked us for feedback on what formats we would be interested seeing implemented.

Unless the comp is all starter kit, whatever clubs are chosen are going to favour some players over others.

Alternative ideas?

- A tournament where WGT guarantees that all players get the same wind direction/speed on each hole.

- A tournament where only half the amount of clubs are available in the bag

• phipster
    4,447 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:37 AM

I think that it is a great idea especially with less clubs in the bag....

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 2:55 AM

A tad sceptical but willing to give it a try - only proviso - games are not ranked as it would put off the average chasers (second thoughts, maybe not a bad idea)

Bill

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 3:16 AM

Yeah Ike, tremendous idea, what could possibly go wrong?

Here's some feedback ...

Eight player brackets for CC's

No more double emails.

A Country Club multi player availability.

An instantly printable scorecard function for all ranked rounds

Eliminate the indefatigable stand bag plus bug.

A Royal Commission into why the 'Bank' is always 'coming soon'..

And no more game results in AS decided by disconnections!

Happy Halloween!

<edit> And don't forget those long promised 'new pin' locations :^)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:22 AM

Icon,

I think it's a great idea - alongside the existing options.

This has been done somewhat, for example in the Tough It Out series (which Corwyn was instrumental in setting up, I believe), where you have to play with starter clubs and starter balls.

A great leveler, although peeps have to understand they're probably not going to set any records under such a setup.

Also, a nice alternative to club rentals - you could feature new sets from the pro shop and give peeps a chance to play them as a condition for playing the tourney.

- Zag

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:27 AM

Would be a great idea to have everyone in tournament mode use the same clubs and balls, only if everyone gets the same wind conditions. Then it is completely equal.

Frank

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:28 AM

" We would like your feedback ", LOL.  " Translation "  " We're going to implement this whether you like it or not, and let you figure out the work arounds for all the resulting bugs. " Sorry to sound cynical, but , your track record kinda speaks for itself.

Doc :)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:36 AM

We would like your feedback - New Game Idea

Apathy; a two-way street...

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 5:12 AM

oldbones29:

Would be a great idea to have everyone in tournament mode use the same clubs and balls, only if everyone gets the same wind conditions. Then it is completely equal.

Frank

While you're on the wind, something I raised years ago that I would still like to see is "environmentally correct wind". By this I mean that the virtual wind mimics the real wind conditions across the whole golf course. For example, if the wind is blowing off of the Firth of Forth onto the St Andrew's course on one hole, it should continue to blow in that direction when you move to the next hole (more or less, given possible shifts in wind direction and swirls).

What you have now is stepping from one green to the next tee the wind suddenly turns around 180 degrees.

In RL, without radical changes in wind direction, headwinds, tailwinds and side winds will all more or less balance out over the course of a round, as play begins and ends at the same spot.

RSS