Forums

Help › Forums

*** We would like your feedback - New Game Idea ***

Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:07 AM (201 replies)
  • Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:17 PM

Assuming this could be done with no additional glitches:

For multiplayer I'm a bit ambivalent.  I never sell my equipment so I have 6-7 sets i can challenge myself with; not sure I'd want to impose my will in that regard on others, though in the right circumstance I can see where it might be fun.

But for tournaments I'm very much in favor, especially if its an option for CC tourneys (for instance, starter club tourneys with a more stringent requirement than the current 'honor system').  This could be quite enjoyable with some very interesting results.

• xbritewood
    84 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:45 PM

It does not matter what anyone thinks about this' WGT is going to do what ever they want anyway,they always have.

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:47 PM

Wish it would be just starter clubs and free wgt ball.  Everyone could experience how hard it was to just shoot par back in the stone age.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:21 PM

Not a bad idea.   If anything the format should be tested with a few independent players for awhile giving feedback to Wgt to iron out the bugs before it starts.

I also would like to see an Alt shot type of game where you take the best score with the team for each hole.   There is a name to that game,  not sure

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:55 PM

Think that is best ball.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:59 PM

alanti:
    Edit - Putter increments.....again could be part of the fun. I change for 10/20 putters to 15/30 putter and struggle but isn't the idea to get out of our robotic comfort zones?

Sure is Al...

Point being is.. if the starter putter then the 15 guys get advantage

I would equip the L30 TM Manta with increments of 20/ 40 / 60 / 80 etc

Increments that neither camp are used to.

?

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:15 PM

x

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:29 PM

My gut says will be nice but of how much interest and to how many for how long not sure......Nice idea

I can see some players who are not v good trying it by practising loads with some lower level attribute equipment, and trying to catch a good player "off guard" by springing those sticks and balls", but only if credits were involved...............May well have it's place, but not in the serious test of skill / credits end of town.  

Introduce credits and the same thing that happened with UELs will repeat.  OK maybe not as much as wider circles etc and so the skill test is negated to certain extents naturally, but my guess is not as far away as all that.  

See it as having a place though.

If you can do that (and it's a separate point) I know people get miffed at say L tier if just hit L90 and get to play a "careful" L who has carefully got to L tier at L90 and is still L at L100 after very cherry picking credit tournies.  I do think an attribute limit at L tier would be useful as L90 - L100 is so very very very very far apart.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:41 PM

It all sounds interesting enough......but with WGT's track record of fking up everything they touch I am reluctant to think this would be any different.

If they have so much extra time on their hands to dream up this chit, maybe they could fix the countless other issues first and then move on to some new interesting game formats.I would welcome some new stuff for sure, but not a glitch ridden BS , untested attempt at it.   (Just my prediction from past experience )

It seems odd to me that they can present this idea and talk it up so much, but can't even acknowledge the countless requests by the community to do something for the late Andyson.  On a scale of  1 to 10  for a class act Wgt is hovering around the zero mark for me.   

• Magpiesaregood
    265 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:45 PM

Hi WGTicon

Just wondering if you can clarify, if the plan is to use all the same equipment, including balls, how does this effect the durability of the ball? Does the durability of "your" ball go down or does it have no effect (and no I'm not suggesting we play with starter balls lol)?

I think @alanti touched on it, so in effect you can play for free, including balls and equipment? It wont have any effect on your ball durability and you can play with better (or worse) equipment, is that right?

Thanks

RSS