Forums

Help › Forums

*** We would like your feedback - New Game Idea ***

Tue, Jun 30 2020 5:07 AM (201 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are considering a new game idea and wanted your feedback. The mode involves creating either tournaments or multiplayer games with all parties being forced to use same clubs/balls. Once the tournament or round is over, those clubs will be removed from your inventory. You would not need to buy them, but rather we will auto equip/remove the clubs from your account automatically. You will be able to see what clubs you will be playing with prior to entering a tournament or accepting a game invitation.  The creator of the multiplayer game will be able to decide which clubs will be used from a list of several club options/configurations.

We are curious to hear from you guys/gals, not only what you think of the idea from the fun point of view but also anything negative that you can foresee.

Thank you

• hardwick1
    742 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:16 PM

Please fix the existing issues and problems before you create more. I can really see this being a nightmare.

Jill

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:18 PM

I like it . toss in a mix of tee,s and green speed,s .

I am willing to be a " Tester " .

OPY

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:20 PM

I think it's a great idea! 

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:21 PM

Any new ideas to kick start game would be nice. Same equipment for everyone could be interesting.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:22 PM

OK, remember you asked.

As long as not a requirement in credit game, see no problem with it.  Can you imagine requiring clubs that you know well but others do not.  Example, I use RS Irons, Nikes for me would play entirely different.  If I started a game requiring RS Irons, unless they have used before others would be lost for awhile that normally use Nikes.

As a negative.  You would have to ensure that when removing the clubs we can put out own back in with no problem, such is the current problem after a rental that expires.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:33 PM

i would love to be in a group of champion tier player all with the level 32 (?) r-11's and srixon balls. sounds like a blast to me!

Turfsand

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:34 PM

Great idea. Count me in for this.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:36 PM

garyk49:
    Can you imagine requiring clubs that you know well but others do not.

Agreed. Perhaps the most important club in the bag to know well is the putter. I still use the L77 Method. It is particularly troublesome to get used to, but once I did, like a dream. Yes I've tried the higher level Methods, but keep going back. Anyone using it for the first time would undoubtedly leave a bunch of putts short, until the answer dawns. 

For that reason, I'd vote for everyone to keep their current putter. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:40 PM

WGTicon:
    We are considering a new game idea and wanted your feedback. The mode involves creating either tournaments or multiplayer games with all parties being forced to use same clubs/balls.

Sounds fantastic !!

bit like Corwyns starter gear comp

WGTicon:
    Once the tournament or round is over, those clubs will be removed from your inventory. You would not need to buy them, but rather we will auto equip/remove the clubs from your account automatically.

BUT....I have NO confidence with WGT fookin around with my equip..

Can see 19 threads starting with...

WHERE ARE MY IRONS / DRIVER / PUTTER / GIRLFRIEND ;-)) ???

Ya track record ain't that good to be honest ?

;((

So for that ^^ reason only...I would say " leave well alone "

Andy

RSS