• JJN60
    218 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:40 PM

Good idea - changes it up a bit.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 4:53 PM

Awful idea.

You have to spend time with your clubs, learning what they do in various conditions, in order to fine tune your game. To play a tournament with unfamiliar equipment is just silly.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:01 PM

alcaucin:

WGTicon:
    We are considering a new game idea and wanted your feedback. The mode involves creating either tournaments or multiplayer games with all parties being forced to use same clubs/balls.

Sounds fantastic !!

bit like Corwyns starter gear comp

WGTicon:
    Once the tournament or round is over, those clubs will be removed from your inventory. You would not need to buy them, but rather we will auto equip/remove the clubs from your account automatically.

BUT....I have NO confidence with WGT fookin around with my equip..

Can see 19 threads starting with...

WHERE ARE MY IRONS / DRIVER / PUTTER / GIRLFRIEND ;-)) ???

Ya track record ain't that good to be honest ?

;((

So for that ^^ reason only...I would say " leave well alone "

Andy

you kinda have  a point. we tried similar idea before, but it was very hard to implement. biggest issue was to force those clubs.

but, this is very different. once you agree to the conditions, we simply auto preload clubs for you, once round/match starts and when over, they will be automatically removed...

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:08 PM

opyeuclid:
    I am willing to be a " Tester "

OPY

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:23 PM

Here's my thruppence ha'penny's worth guvnor...

Not that exactly of course, they are real clubs, I just added the balls, some text and wgt logo.

But you get my drift, you could call them  The Andyson Hickory Set.

Have the tournaments ready with a free  Andyson avater in time for the holidays

and all is forgiven...kinda. 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:30 PM

this could make a Champ look  like a Pro ,and a Pro look like a Champ , it could be fun if you take this game not to serious .......  But you ask for feedback   well this would   maybe create    bugs and prob on different broswer  but i am willing to try it . Frapp

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:53 PM

Fix existing game issues first before adding this type of program to the game . Spend the time working on the new replacement clubs after you remove Nike from the pro shop . Would rather have new gear in pro shop and clubs that I control in my inventory .

Or how about adding the same control features to the game client as in the country clubs so that players can set up ranked rounds anyway they want to . Give them the ability to setup stroke play A/S or M/P like the country events .

Also add the practice setting to the CTTH courses so players can use the CTTH courses in practice mode . So here`s 3 good ideas that could be done instead to make the game more fun and would require less programming or stress and complaints from the players .

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:01 PM

WGTicon:
    you kinda have  a point. we tried similar idea before, but it was very hard to implement. biggest issue was to force those clubs.

it was..

WGTicon:
    but, this is very different. once you agree to the conditions, we simply auto preload clubs for you, once round/match starts and when over, they will be automatically removed...

All in favour of change for the good...

Would luv to rip it with Mags using Raptures ;))

Though on a serious point..the putter increments are key,

Have to cater for and encompass the 15 / 30 / 45 users, along with the 10 / 20 / 50 'ers ( especially if a short clock ), will need option of 2 putters to make a fair and even playing field....

Otherwise a key part of the game will be compromised, imo, and would putt* many off ?

Looking forward to the test ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:07 PM

I actually like the idea as it will be a leveller or part thereof, especially if the same ball is used. If different balls can be used the impact will be lost to a big degree in my eyes. Obviously that is not so good for ball usage in terms of sales for the company.

If we can use our own ball, then much of the leveller is lost and seems little point in the exercise.

I am not for varied green speeds (crazy speeds) and play should be tier specific for tournaments,

My biggest concerns are the potential inevitable programming glitches where players cannot restock their clubs etc. Therefore extensive testing will be required.

My question is (provided we use the same ball also provided by WGT) where are you making money?

Edit - Putter increments.....again could be part of the fun. I change for 10/20 putters to 15/30 putter and struggle but isn't the idea to get out of our robotic comfort zones?

Also, if possible - 3 club or half set, set up's would be awesome fun.

One last thing, if these games are classed as ranked rounds, it might deter some players.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 6:14 PM

Yes, choosing putting increments are crucial. All others clubs will be same for everyone. Im in.

RSS