Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • coors71
    656 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 11:53 AM

Duckster789, Sad the best you can find to do in your time is to troll sites and belittle people and statements. You have no idea as to which you are speaking of, but you have the ability to type, sorta, and must chime in.  But mkg335 is correct in his statement. Too bad it is too late for such sage advice huh? 

And on the tone as above, WGT has not responded? Not a peep from the ALMIGHTIES? You sit in your little offices and believe your $#^! don't stink? Sorry to break ya'lls little hearts, but everyone's does. I am curious, if you will humor me please, why is it

" you only dinged at 40% with a jumpy meter and only scored -8 thru 9 and no top player dings at more than 40%"

Two weeks off, and they post that score? They showed you the computer processes with every hole and still nothing? With this post here, several players stated they ding way more than 40% and are not top players. So why not chime in WGT? 

WGTICON , guru that your are, why not speak up? 

WGTAlex? Nothing also?

WGTWildcat? Nothing but crickets? 

Amazing to say the least, how about the carbon copy reply? 

"Thank you for reaching out to us. When it comes to players accounts and if they were closed or why, due to privacy reasons we are unable to discuss anything about them."

This crap of "because we said so" is total BS . I think you are in the wrong here, KNOW you are in the wrong. You now do not know how to dig yourselves out the hole you are in and that is why you are not responding to this post. Pretty CS of you all. ANd I might add, 

You all are YBCLCSPCLMWB's. now use that brain power to decipher that gents. 

And Duckster789 you can "LSOMUHB"

mkg335:

Duckster789:

It was from someone that defends a banned cheater in his CC.

Better to keep your beak shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:41 PM

-8 through 9.......so what were they expecting ffs the man had not played for 2 weeks.

Lots of players claiming well over 40 %, do you know everyones ding ratio ? Wow thats good, cant fix issues but can keep/ pull up that stat.

Now that analysis maybe easy to do, i aint no computer geek but then you can also tell all the ups and downs of ding ratios when CLASH is on.........so fix it please.

Jim and Willy run a great club and will not boot someone who they feel has had a bad deal, and i dont blame them. The lad played in club comps at least D, you know...mucked in and all that.

Crazy this........if knew he was guilty i know Jim well enough to know he would have booted him straight away........but he does not know, only trusts his friend...........aint bad that is it?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 12:58 PM

Saurabh08:

Seriously? or are you just writing because you have to write something? No offense meant...

Wellll, I did feel like I needed to write something to be honest, just like your post meant you didn't really believe me, but that's understandable and no offense taken..

Duckster789:

It was from someone that defends a banned cheater in his CC.

I have seen many of your posts in the past, and have been apprised of your attitude towards anything different than what your narrow mind deems to be correct, so I am making this post for those who might read your post as your opinion means squat to any of us!

I can assure you that if the banned member of our CC had been proven a cheat, I would be the 1st to say it, ask that he be removed, and readily admit he was on this forum if asked!

Having been in the loop throughout all this and having seen ALL the correspondence between ALL parties involved, and on top of all that being a bit narrow minded myself, this is the only conclusion I can reach with some certainty ....

Said player was banned on a assumption of guilt, OR they have some proof they can't talk about because it would open up a whole new can of worms for them, at this point I lean more to the 1st reason because they more or less admitted it in one of their emails!

I think most if not all of the veteran players here are fully aware that "hitting the ding" isn't the only way to play this game well and isn't all that important on 90% of the shots we take from tee to green! As I understand it seb hasn't hit a ding in 5 yrs(joke) and mags only misses it when he wants to...

Some "top" players do try to ding and do it at a very high %...

That considered, who in their right mind believes a player would be banned for hitting 79% of dinged shots, over 95%, yeah, I can see that, 79% no way!

I remembered that as a legend I tried to ding every shot, and after picking the brains of the better players and reading everything they said, on a good day with a good meter(most important factor) I did it at a pretty good rate of success, but now I am not a ding player FW to Green, however I am a ding putter...so I did a little test to ease my own mind!

I didn't count putts because I have no problem dinging over 95% of them, and I could slow the meter even more with 5.0 meter putter and a lvl 90 etc. ball like the banned player uses....

Focused on hitting the ding only from the tee and fairway, 80%+ was easy to do...after 27 holes it was a lot harder to stay focused and I missed more of them but still easily better than 79% when averaged together...

Considering that there are at least 1000 players who play this game better than I do, and another 1000 if not more who play just as well as I do, how hard would it be for them to ding at 79%, really!

Another thing I noticed is that over the years I have been given 3rd 4th or 20th hand info that someone was a cheater, didn't give it much thought but did notice their scores which were nothing short of spectacular IMO, these scores don't seem to be as low since the so called "sweeps" thread LOL...which was the only purpose of the thread, to plant a bug in our minds...

Sweeps software my @$$, if we think you cheat, we will check you out, try to get you to admit it 1st, maybe give you a joke trial, but if we think it, it is fact here regardless of any evidence to prove otherwise...

This guy got to twitch a round, never twitched, had a internet connection SO BAD the meter was jumpy, and the game kept freezing, add to all that he had not played in 2 weeks, not knowing the burden of proof being DING at 79% under these conditions man...we don't care if you shoot -8 for 9 holes, ding it or goodbye...

Now this guy dings at 40% that round, which is amazing to me as I was thinking he would do maybe 10-20%, never the less, CASE CLOSED, goodbye!

So now that I wasted your time if you bothered to read this far, this whole ding % being the reason is absurd, the people at WGT are intelligent or they wouldn't be there, so to me, this is the equivalent of one of those stock emails, not the real reason, whether they actually have evidence or it is the assumption of guilt, it isn't just ding %...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 1:20 PM

Enough dancing.  Further to the immediately above post (good concise context) the findings of the whackos at the WGT court of human rights:

I quote

These guys are either too dumb to count, lie to meet sacrificial lamb targets or plain have zero product knowledge.

Now assuming they told the truth when they say they always say why they booted someone the reason is clear.  Took us two weeks to get the reason, but eventually the kangaroo court released the paperwork after their "trial".

Had every reasonable chance to respond WGT.  You deserve all you get.

Offers to do it with skype (low resource) on deaf ears.  Remember he did only manage -8 thru 9 in tricky conditions.

Absolutely disgusting.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 1:29 PM

Just to clarify...our friend/clubmate wasn't accused of selling credits on the black market or of using a packet editing program to hit a 7-iron 400 yds to within 3 ft on a par 4.

He was accused of using an auto-dinger because of a 79% ding rate over a 30 day period.  So from the start, the situation was, "We assume you're guilty, now prove you're innocent."

So under the adverse conditions mentioned above by Dan...having to twitch the round after a two week layoff, from the tips at St A with moderate winds and champ greens, his ding rate is measured at 40%...and he still manages to birdie 8 of the 9 holes, posting a score any of us would gladly take under those conditions.

But because his ding rate for that round is 40% and not the 79% they measured over the previous 30 days, he's told the ban is permanent.

This is why we, his friends and clubmates, are making this information public.  We are trying to appeal to wgt's sense of fairness and more importantly, trying to defend the honor of a friend who we sincerely believe has been treated unfairly.

If wgt are being truthful about their reason for banning him, we maintain they've made a mistake in this particular case, although we do applaud their efforts to rid the game of those who really do cheat.

If, on the other hand, wgt are not being truthful about their reason for the ban, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

I believe the former is the case...wgt really did ban him for having what they consider a ding rate that's too high.  We've attempted to put forth the case that evidence and experience prove otherwise.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 1:35 PM

I wish that beside every Ready-to-go score or any major credit tourney, there would be a ding % next to the players name.

This % should exclude all shots hit with driver and all putts under 3 feet

There are still some 100%'ers in this game. Easiest to spot in CTTH tourney's. Lack of variation in scores is what to look for.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:01 PM

I appeal to the community for support in our effort to get our friend reinstated.

Q-up!

(for those who don't know, he's on the roster of Red Dirt Golf as a director...his name starts with Mr and ends with z)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:02 PM

duffputt:

I wish that beside every Ready-to-go score or any major credit tourney, there would be a ding % next to the players name.

This % should exclude all shots hit with driver and all putts under 3 feet

There are still some 100%'ers in this game. Easiest to spot in CTTH tourney's. Lack of variation in scores is what to look for.

Might be useful for CTTH to a point, but overall would only rule out Mr Otto not Ms C Equine and the button......

Back to the above WGT think ding is it and >40% is how to catch, and sit monitoring for THAT?....Said so in writing or should I say rune reading.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:14 PM

A hair more credible would be a comparison to the period before the stated window viewing the 30 day period "prior" (to the email?)

a dramatic jump from 40 to 80 would send alarms...maybe

perhaps wgt doesn't know what it was well before they had the ability to know what it is/was 30 days prior to them noticing the 79

perhaps they do know and was nearly as poorly written as my posts

puff puff pass.....

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:47 PM

40% to suddenly 80% would be a huge jump...Looking at his track record that never jumped in that time frame.  Long learning curve and been good for a while.  I also think reading more from something so very clear is not necessary.  

He would have had to be real dim to change from missing a bit to always dinging, and as Mt Otto can't do that.....Anyway leave that aside.  

No excuses or might be for that - What they wrote is clear as clear can be in any ordinary reading, just sadly shows zero understanding of which way is up.

RSS