Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:48 PM

Here's a thought, to prove he was, or in fact wasn't a cheat, reinstate him...

You can bet his ability will be carefully watched by all, not just WGT...

If he doesn't play to the standard he did in the past, it will be obvious he was cheating and the subject of more than one thread....if he does, then he wasn't...

Under WGT T&C we agree to, it clearly states that we give WGT the right to monitor the processes on our PC while we play the game....assuming you actually have the ability to do that, this seems like it would be proof positive whether he was, or wasn't....

At the very least it is better than a 9 hole twitch, and great publicity for WGT to the community that makes this site what it is, a powerful statement for all to see that you are in fact as "fair" as you claim to be....

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:52 PM

Well on page (3) I posted my stats and Im no great player . In fact I consider myself to be a casual player and nothing more . I dont play for credits nor do I play skins just solely for fun . Im a miss the ding player from tee to green . If there are any of you who feel that your account is in danger of being closed for hitting the ding too much then hit me up .

I will be more than glad to teach you as best as I can how to become a miss the ding player . I warn you that this is a delicate process and it will not be accomplished over nite . But if you are willing to put your time in then you will learn how to play the game without fear from WGT . So until then take care play well have fun and remember dont swing with your eyes closed . THIS IS ONLY A GAME :-) .

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 3:05 PM

The man did not shirk limelight.......he now and again called folk out.........would he be as silly as to be cheating, drawing attention to himself........i think not.

Others who have gone for another reason (allegedly) and they stayed way clear of these forums

Squeeeeeeeze me did not..........was he cheating and therefore real bad taste and poor form.

Or to me.........was he just good, like others are.

Haway cut the crap............get him back in so i can kick his butt (medication time)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 3:11 PM

Nice of you to offer Lonnie, but don't make them right (not that you said it did at all).

Ding over 40% and the court may sit? Misses guilty as charged, and if in between the eyes innocent?? Per page 6 this thread anyway.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 3:31 PM

mkg335:
    I appeal to the community for support in our effort to get our friend reinstated.

I vote to reinstate Tom. I was surprised, when he got banned a while back and something didn't feel right then. I defended him from K in the sweeps thread, despite never playing with him.

As far as ding stats go, it's ridiculous to convict anyone on that alone. If they only count from tee to green, my ding rate is at 90+% on a good day and around 60% on a bad day (just my estimate).  If they count putts as well, it would be significally lower, cause I'm an off ding putter. Just a thought, could they be including putts as well and Tom suddenly changed his technique? Cause that would explain the jump.

No matter what, ding % is the result of your daily meter performance, of your feel and rhythm at that moment and of your physical condition. When I play, after coming back from work, my fingers are stiff for about an hour. I can't get the timing right to save my life then.

This should've never been the reason for suspension.

P.S.: Thank you for making this public. I had no idea why he was banned and that he was the one, who was talked about.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:16 PM

Band al CHEATERS period

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:21 PM

Tigerpaw509:

Band al CHEATERS period

1st, your grammar sucks.

2nd, you're correct and we probably all agree on that. But the point of this discussion is, that the majority of people in this thread feel, that the banned player in question WASN'T cheating.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:42 PM

mkrizan86:
    I defended him from K in the sweeps thread

Cheaters should never return, no need to defend such behavior.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:43 PM

mkrizan86:
    Just a thought, could they be including putts as well and Tom suddenly changed his technique? Cause that would explain the jump.

Out and out ding player even down to 6 inch putts, can't help himself.  We did think of that though, but wall brick answering speak  no point to...........They said what they said clearly and unambiguously, just a shame someone had to get involved on the wrong end of people who have no clue what they are doing.

mkrizan86:
    P.S.: Thank you for making this public. I had no idea why he was banned and that he was the one, who was talked about.

Welcome and thanks for posting:)

We tried working with them, and politely.  I would add that is a whole lot more politeness than the customer got.  Whoever was sending the correspondence was like some little noob copper with the small bit of new power gone straight to their head.............

All they need to do is say sorry, admit what is an obvious bad error to someone addicted to this game and we can still all move on.  Their intransigence with the junk half witted reason is what amazes me.  I accept some noob maybe had too much power and got it all wrong, but senior management should now be managing this situation properly, not MIA up weak-kneed Hill.  We never wanted to take it all this far, and would sooner this is where it stopped.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:55 PM

Tigerpaw509:

Band al CHEATERS period

Yeah, u da man!!!! Ban ALL cheaters, and while your at multi accounts, and high lvl. players who sandbag so they don't tier up(ahem)!!!! Get 'em all!

RSS