Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:44 PM

Just because the best players in the game can ding 8 out of 10 times doesn't mean they cheat, it means they've developed a rhythm with the clubs. I can ding around 7 out of 10 times, but that doesn't equate shooting low scores... You have to be a putting aficionado.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 6:58 PM

Not sure if it was the OP but soneone stated that WGT banned players because of too high a ding rate. Just how does he know this? WGT has never pubicly stated why anyone was banned. For proof of this just reread the "security sweep" thread. There was a lot of conjecture on our part but nothing from WGT.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:07 PM

borntobesting:

Not sure if it was the OP but soneone stated that WGT banned players because of too high a ding rate. Just how does he know this? WGT has never pubicly stated why anyone was banned. For proof of this just reread the "security sweep" thread. There was a lot of conjecture on our part but nothing from WGT.

Can't elaborate, but trust me, they did....79% ding rate to be exact!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:18 PM

fatdan:

Well, I'm not that far off. I think I have a 7.9% ding rate. Move a decimal, and I'm there! :-) 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:28 PM

Well, we all know internet connection speed does not hinder your meter.  The meter is rendered locally on your computer.

Secondly, the flash benchmark under lite conditions will give an indication of how well your computer handles flash at that setting.  Overall, score and under heavy conditions is just overkill.

My computer scored 24000+ for an overall  flash benchmark.   Also note, that benchmark is extremely old, and newer benchmarks exists.  This is due to the improvements made in directx, graphics drivers.   Most newer video cards support adobe flash directly.

So, if my computer can handle extreme conditions well, then there should be no issues with the meter.

hmmmm, makes one think doesn't it.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 10:16 PM

borntobesting:

It was from someone that defends a banned cheater in his CC.

coors71:

My point is, there has been banning from high ding rate, when WGT gives you 3 tools and the hint ( see 1st post picture) to DING YOUR SHOTS. Unfair? Yes. Need to be made right? Yes indeed. 

Roy

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 1:13 AM

Infinito3010:

Well, we all know internet connection speed does not hinder your meter.  The meter is rendered locally on your computer.

Secondly, the flash benchmark under lite conditions will give an indication of how well your computer handles flash at that setting.  Overall, score and under heavy conditions is just overkill.

My computer scored 24000+ for an overall  flash benchmark.   Also note, that benchmark is extremely old, and newer benchmarks exists.  This is due to the improvements made in directx, graphics drivers.   Most newer video cards support adobe flash directly.

So, if my computer can handle extreme conditions well, then there should be no issues with the meter.

hmmmm, makes one think doesn't it.

Without wanting to stray too far off topic, the meter on my laptop is as smooth as can be, unlike my timing.  The only time I see a stutter in the meter is if the browser(I use Maxthon) has been open a long while.  It seems to increase memory usage over time.  Closing and reopening it refreshes it all and the meter is fine again.

As for dinging.   The only time I misding intentionally is when I'm mid swing, think the line might be slightly out and am too lazy to start the swing over again.  Mostly involves putting as off the fairway the punishment for can be horrible.  Anyone who can misding on purpose off the fairway as part of their natural game and shoot low scores is playing on a different level, to me anyway.

• Saurabh08
    184 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 2:43 AM

fatdan:

borntobesting:

Seriously? or are you just writing because you have to write something? No offense meant...

As for the ding part, dinging every shot does not confirm a low score. So at least I'm not really interested or concerned about how many dings anyone is getting and by whatever means. You still have to putt...

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:38 AM

Jimbog1964:

Yiannis1970:

7..in good days 8.

Saw in your you are not totally free of stutter.  I can think of one player who gets a great meter on an old XP machine, and others swear by more powerful.......No help to you apart from try another browser, but sure you have.  Used to work for me if ever I got the issue (usually coincided with a downtime or flash update and far from an issue every time).

70 - 80% depending on days.  Thanks for the inf.

You saw my description on recordings..only while recording have a stutter problem. Other than that, i have a perfect meter with my set up. Thanks for the response.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:44 AM

Saurabh08:

fatdan:

borntobesting:

Seriously? or are you just writing because you have to write something? No offense meant...

As for the ding part, dinging every shot does not confirm a low score. So at least I'm not really interested or concerned about how many dings anyone is getting and by whatever means. You still have to putt...

My friend Saurabh, i believe that i need to clarify a bit...as i recall, noone said that dinging every shot will guarantee you low scores. For the ''ding'' fans like me, ding is a point of start to build upon your game, nothing more, nothing less.

Putting is everything. 

RSS