Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • coors71
    656 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:01 AM

Ok this is a subject that is touchy. I have heard that if you CAN ding a lot of the time, you MUST be a cheater. You HAVE to be using something called an "AUTO DINGER"? What the hell is that anyway? 

Anyway, it is funny that subject is connected to cheating. Because someone has a great HAND EYE coordination that they can hit a MARK 9 out of 10 times is cheating? Wait a minute, WGT offers Clubs that SLOW the meter down. WGT offers balls that SLOW the meter down. ANd if you hit it too often, CHEATER? And then there is this........

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

So then why the big uproar? They offer equipment to HIT the ding, tell you in the game client to HIT HERE,the ding line!!!! So one can assume you are to try your best to HIT THE DING! I asked them in an e-mail for my ding %. I was told 

"Thank you for your message. Unfortunately this kind of information we are going to keep solely in our records. We don't want to give anyone a reason to speculate anything in our community by making these stats public, also, it takes an unreasonable amount of time to pull and receive this data.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

I am thinking if that is a stat, why not add it to the stat page for all to see? That is something else that could be approved upon I believe. But to accuse someone of cheating because they can hit it on a regular basis is absolute rubbish.  As stated before, some are just that good, and some people, believe it or not, are just AWESOME at video games. And just incase anyone on here was not aware of that fact, this is a VIDEO GAME

Ok that is my $.02 worth, so good day. And WGT, I'll await your two line response with baited breathe.

See ya'll on the links,

Coors71

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:08 AM

...and don't forget the 'focus boost' which slows the meter to a crawl.

• coors71
    656 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:20 AM

PaulTon:

Thank you sir, point made! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:25 AM

coors71:
    Ok this is a subject that is touchy. I have heard that if you CAN ding a lot of the time, you MUST be a cheater. You HAVE to be using something called an "AUTO DINGER"? What the hell is that anyway? 

As you are clearly talking about a specific banned player you undoubtably know more about the specifics than me.

It does surprise me if he was banned for a ding rate with the sort of % I saw Jay mention in another thread.   There is of course someone who is the best in the game at, honestly, hitting the ding. 

On the other hand surely if wgt have ding percentages for all of us then they must know what an unusually high rate is.  Perhaps he was a significant percentage ahead of the other top players, who are probably tightly grouped.

Many of us ask in the forums for wgt to find and ban the cheats and then those that knew folk that are caught start to question the justification of it.  That's not a criticism, I'd probably do the same if it was a friend of mine and I thought the "evidence" didn't justify it.

The real problem is that wgt don't and wont (perhaps for good reason) give us full details of why they banned individuals.  That leaves us to decide whether or not  to trust them in this, which must be hard when a friend is labelled a cheat, I think we have to.

• PTrenter
    433 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 6:11 AM

I've watched some of the top players like fmagnets and I've seen a lot that have the ability to ding around 8-9 times out of 10.  I don't for one moment think these guys are using any aids be it official or not.  Some people just have better hand/eye coordination than others.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 6:27 AM

Unless proving someone is using a device to automatically hit ding I don't personally believe you can claim someone is too good at hitting it. Scratch that, you can claim but can't prove it.

On the other point it ain't a stat  as some players want to miss ding for certain shots. I'm no top player but I aim to miss ding now and again.

Thing is its when I don't want to miss that I generally hit it lol.

Some folk are just good

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 8:03 AM

coors71:
    I have heard that if you CAN ding a lot of the time, you MUST be a cheater. You HAVE to be using something called an "AUTO DINGER"? What the hell is that anyway? 

It exists but the best one is not very good, and so such an affirmation is fundamentally flawed in an epic fail way.  

It's a daft affirmation anyway as what it's really saying is you are cheating if you ding much and don't stream.  Surely by definition (unless someone is really daft) they would not show the hot key screen, but that's assuming some new super version exists and no one sensible that I know says it does.  

Now assuming those winning and doing so by dinging loads are not cheating, and we have no reason to think they are, why not INSIST all major rounds are streamed.  Of course trouble then is WGT need to give advice on how to stream and support that.  From what I understand you need a reasonable upload speed to do it?  Or would recording and uploading do? Some advice / support if they wanted at least that would be good...........

Calling a good player a cheat for dinging too much with top everything is Salem Witch Hunt Familiar Spirit Spotting Territory??

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 10:07 AM

DodgyPutter:
    On the other hand surely if wgt have ding percentages for all of us then they must know what an unusually high rate is.  Perhaps he was a significant percentage ahead of the other top players, who are probably tightly grouped.

Need to try and keep the thread away from any specific and just to general ding % observations.  As it's raised I will quickly risk confirming that player was not ahead of the percentages being accepted here as to what v good players can do.  E.G. I would concur with the following:

PTrenter:

I've watched some of the top players like fmagnets and I've seen a lot that have the ability to ding around 8-9 times out of 10.  I don't for one moment think these guys are using any aids be it official or not.  Some people just have better hand/eye coordination than others.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 11:10 AM

PaulTon:

Plus throw in a suped up gaming computer with a top end gaming mouse with all of the other mentioned slow balls and clubs and hitting the ding is no problem . I personally think that hitting the ding is highly over rated . Hitting the ding doesnt mean that the ball is going to hole out . It just means that you hit the ding . 

WGT sells the three components to aid in hitting the ding with a high success rate so I dont think that will be a reason that players are being banned from the game . Trying to use that as an excuse for banning players is just garbage .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 11:33 AM

lonniescott711:
    Trying to use that as an excuse for banning players is just garbage .

Amen

lonniescott711:
    WGT sells the three components to aid in hitting the ding with a high success rate so I dont think that will be a reason that players are being banned from the game .

Where I to answer that properly ....hmmmm......Doubt you would believe it unless you saw it.

Edit: Now were someone to say to you that top players can only hit 40 ish % and x2 that = the divine intervention of Mr. Otto? Would you say that someone knew what they talking about?  Would you say that someone understood anything at all about how dinging or not dinging works? Would you say such someone had any clue about what Mr. Otto can do ?  Would you say such someone has no clue which way is up?

RSS