Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • coors71
    656 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:25 PM

I am not a top player, but I can hit the ding 6-7 times off the tee, 7-8 times from the fairway on a 9 hole game. And you can infer from that I can do that on x2 on 18 hole game. 

My point is, there has been banning from high ding rate, when WGT gives you 3 tools and the hint ( see 1st post picture) to DING YOUR SHOTS. Unfair? Yes. Need to be made right? Yes indeed. 

Roy

• coors71
    656 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:34 PM

Infinito3010:

Jimbog1964:
    Buttery smooth is achieved by many,

And I wish I knew their secret.

I use Safari browser and NOW, just in the last week, an awesome internet connection.

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

Before that I had a piss poor connection, but still smooth meter.

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

So maybe it is the computer or equipment. I hardly ever have an issues with the meter, but sometimes I do have them. I keep my cache clear, do it every morning before play and at times during play. That way I can DING the ball for better play. 

And the connection error I get WGT is pure rubbish. If you look at the speedtest2 picture, I should not have an issue at all. Maybe WGT has the issue and should own up to it?!

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:35 PM

Jimbog1964:

lonniescott711:
    Trying to use that as an excuse for banning players is just garbage .

Amen

lonniescott711:
    WGT sells the three components to aid in hitting the ding with a high success rate so I dont think that will be a reason that players are being banned from the game .

Where I to answer that properly ....hmmmm......Doubt you would believe it unless you saw it.

Edit: Now were someone to say to you that top players can only hit 40 ish % and x2 that = the divine intervention of Mr. Otto? Would you say that someone knew what they talking about?  Would you say that someone understood anything at all about how dinging or not dinging works? Would you say such someone had any clue about what Mr. Otto can do ?  Would you say such someone has no clue which way is up?

I see that you left out the part about a suped up gaming computer with a top gaming mouse . Now add all of these components and hitting the ding 80+% should not be that hard . You have to understand their ding ratio ( meaning WGT ) would not be accurate as new and improved computers and software would make those numbers obsolete .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:44 PM

Yiannis1970:

lonniescott711:

I personally think that hitting the ding is highly over rated . Hitting the ding doesnt mean that the ball is going to hole out . It just means that you hit the ding .

Ding is a point of reference. There is no other point of reference in the game to make the shot correctly. If you don't want to use the ding, then you must have made a DIY chart attached to your screen in order to create a reference point. You can't hit the ball off ding well just by feeling for several reasons. First of all, when you play off ding especially with moderate and heavy winds, you lose a bunch of distance. Depending on how much off ding you play, i estimate the loss from 3 to 10 yds. So, you have to consider that as a factor too.

Moreover, with off dings shots on heavy irons such as 3-4, the slightest mistake lead the ball far far away from target for the famous club's circle of precision. Therefore, in my opinion, ding is a must if you want to have at least some form of accuracy in your shot, especially in long ones.

I play off the ding from tee to green . Although I dont put a lot on stats due to the fact that they are not 100% due to bugs in the game . Mine are as follows:

Driving Acc. 91.17%

G,I,R, 84.90%

Avg,2 Pin 11ft.

Sand Save 43.67%

Scrambling 57.61%

One Putt 52.68%

Not bad for a player who doesnt rely on hitting the ding .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:45 PM

lonniescott711:
    I see that you left out the part about a suped up gaming computer with a top gaming mouse . Now add all of these components and hitting the ding 80+% should not be that hard . You have to understand their ding ratio ( meaning WGT ) would not be accurate as new and improved computers and software would make those numbers obsolete .

I do get it, but using duff old numbers currently or wherever they came from is the issue ............I have been recently told plenty by v sensible people "just hit say 17 out of last 18 straight etc......"  I always got a smooth meter often enough on a windows 7 8 gig ram just very OK laptop.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 3:46 PM

Ding average etc etc...........not too sure on all that stuff myself.

I only know that if your good at hitting ding your good , unless aids have been detected you should play on.

If you land a 400 yard shot to within 3 foot of hole then your more than good and you should download another game, cos you aint coming back

IMO. There the difference lies.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:01 PM

lonniescott711:

Yiannis1970:

lonniescott711:

I personally think that hitting the ding is highly over rated . Hitting the ding doesnt mean that the ball is going to hole out . It just means that you hit the ding .

Ding is a point of reference. There is no other point of reference in the game to make the shot correctly. If you don't want to use the ding, then you must have made a DIY chart attached to your screen in order to create a reference point. You can't hit the ball off ding well just by feeling for several reasons. First of all, when you play off ding especially with moderate and heavy winds, you lose a bunch of distance. Depending on how much off ding you play, i estimate the loss from 3 to 10 yds. So, you have to consider that as a factor too.

Moreover, with off dings shots on heavy irons such as 3-4, the slightest mistake lead the ball far far away from target for the famous club's circle of precision. Therefore, in my opinion, ding is a must if you want to have at least some form of accuracy in your shot, especially in long ones.

I play off the ding from tee to green . Although I dont put a lot on stats due to the fact that they are not 100% due to bugs in the game . Mine are as follows:

Driving Acc. 91.17%

G,I,R, 84.90%

Avg,2 Pin 11ft.

Sand Save 43.67%

Scrambling 57.61%

One Putt 52.68%

Not bad for a player who doesnt rely on hitting the ding .

How about these ones from a player who tries to hit always the ding?

Driving Acc. 92.84%

G,I,R, 92.59%

Avg,2 Pin 10ft.

Sand Save 79.44%

Scrambling 78.04%

One Putt 67.04%

My point is not showing off our stats. My point is that using the ding mode you have more chances for successful strokes. Everyone can find his/her own way to play this game as suits him...but, if we try to give an advice to the new players, it's better going by the ''book'' (ding).

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:17 PM

Yiannis1970:
    My point is not showing off our stats. My point is that using the ding mode you have more chances for successful strokes. Everyone can find his/her own way to play this game as suits him...but, if we try to give an advice to the new players, it's better going by the ''book'' (ding).

Out of interest what is your best guestimate how many times you ding out of 10 most days?

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 4:33 PM

7..in good days 8.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 5:06 PM

Yiannis1970:

7..in good days 8.

Saw in your you are not totally free of stutter.  I can think of one player who gets a great meter on an old XP machine, and others swear by more powerful.......No help to you apart from try another browser, but sure you have.  Used to work for me if ever I got the issue (usually coincided with a downtime or flash update and far from an issue every time).

70 - 80% depending on days.  Thanks for the inf.

RSS