Forums

Help › Forums

I strongly questions how sucjh results are achieved without cheats

Thu, May 26 2016 3:12 PM (151 replies)
  • Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 12:42 PM

mkg335:

The only way to save more than 10 replays is to choose "share" on the replay page instead of "save"...email the replay to yourself, then highlight the link in the email and paste it into a blog on your profile page using the chain link icon.

Not too much trouble, and lets you save more than 10 if you want.

I've been able to save my replays in on a word doc

I think I saw the method here from someone

I access the replay, copy the Urlacher to the doc and violà, saved for future generations to ponder how a guy could get so lucky 

Guess it helps to have my handle ;))

Luciano 

• patrickmar
    245 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 12:43 PM

sky0diver:
    The top money earlier (who shows in excess of 130 birdies If I recall correctly) also has a longest drive exceeding 470 yards!

Only thing i can say is experience and practice counts. I think everyone who started this game at one point (early levels) has said them scores are impossible. They are not, once you play these same courses day after day you will know the exact yardage for your shots. I have played at least 250 rounds on the par 5's and i have made 1853 eagles in the 6 years that i have played and birdies on par 5's are fairly easy, so i'm thousands past the 130 birdy mark you were talking about . (400 yd drives) You need at least a 275 yd driver, good tail wind, good bounce and roll off hill down slope or st andys fairways. I got my 400 yd on st andys hole 10 only because of tail wind and it rolled through the green and just made 400 yds. Once again equipment. If you haven't noticed when your looking at high level players stats you will notice that they have the best equipment available.

Equipment and experience point blank. I learned from the best of the best playing alt shot on wgls with all the big money players and was schooled well and i'm still learning this game. Maybe you should hit one of us older players up for a game and you will see for yourself. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 12:59 PM

Your analysis and conclusions are spot on, Patrick.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 1:15 PM

Glad to hear there are other ways to save replays.  I think the easiest way to post them on one's profile page is the blog method I mentioned, but it's good there are other methods.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 1:20 PM

I guess if I just really insisted on showing off, I could've found other ways.  I know some people that C&P every eagle approach and 50+ foot putt on their blog section.  I fail to see the point.  Now if I had said I have 50+ HIO, I can see demanding proof.  When half of my 20 or so are already on replays, it's not a massive stretch to assume that 20 is a legit number.  Plus they're not all 100-120 glorified chip shots.  In fact, the 239 yard par 3 on RSA I've aced twice.  One I know is still in my replays, and the other should be as well.  Only one I consider impressive though, because it was in a heavy crosswind with the old cheap "store brand" balls I used to use.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 1:22 PM

ct690911:

It's possible I made a grammatical error. But seriously Paul, a small mistake ^^ warrants a "deary me"?...oi vey

..harsh, my friend, very harsh.

The use of 'of' instead of 'have' really rips my knitting, hence my comment, nothing personal Col.

It didn't make sense in the sentence either, remove the word of and the sentence made perfect sense anyway.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 1:39 PM

ct690911:
    It's possible I made a grammatical error. But seriously Paul, a small mistake ^^ warrants a "deary me"?...oi vey

LOL. Be happy that's all you got for that shameful mistake. I suppose I could point out that when you pronounce "should've," the contraction of should and have, it sounds like "shouldof" so were it anyone but you, I'd let it slide. 

You get no pass, sir.  You're too edgamucated.  ;-)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 1:41 PM

people who "I could care less" really bugs me

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, May 22 2016 1:53 PM

oneeyedjohn:

people who "I could care less" really bugs me

To care less means you can care less.  It's correct to say, I couldn't care less.  Meaning you COULDN'T care less.

RSS