Forums

Help › Forums

I strongly questions how sucjh results are achieved without cheats

Thu, May 26 2016 3:12 PM (151 replies)
  • sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 12:01 AM

I have joined this site a few months back and really enjoy the game. One of the main reason I stick to this game is that unlike some other "golf" games, I don't see people regularly scoring 22 under par in a round, which is just based on cheat codes and the like.

However, just for fun, I had a look at some leaderboards the other day and looked up some stats of the top players. That was  a reality check for me as it appears that the "higher" the ranks the more ridiculous the scoring and stats become. The top money earlier (who shows in excess of 130 birdies If I recall correctly) also has a longest drive exceeding 470 yards! now that made me wonder: let's say you play the longest driver available currently and have a 30 mph back wind on a dry fairway,- you still won't get to 470 yards!!!!!

So how is that possible? am I missing something here (are there secret super drivers one gets at "champion level"? It takes the fun out of the progress to play better if I am not convinced some people are using some questionable "assistance" with their game....

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 9:04 AM

sky0diver:
    am I missing something here

Yes, it's called experience and practice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 9:49 AM

sky0diver:
    say you play the longest driver available currently and have a 30 mph back wind on a dry fairway,- you still won't get to 470 yards!!!!!

That was a freak drive, 400+ drives are not common.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 10:17 AM

YankeeJim:

sky0diver:
    say you play the longest driver available currently and have a 30 mph back wind on a dry fairway,- you still won't get to 470 yards!!!!!

That was a freak drive, 400+ drives are not common.

One of the Cabo holes off the cart path...many have shown the replays.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 10:18 AM

sky0diver:
    The top money earlier (who shows in excess of 130 birdies If I recall correctly) also has a longest drive exceeding 470 yards! now that made me wonder: let's say you play the longest driver available currently and have a 30 mph back wind on a dry fairway,- you still won't get to 470 yards!!!!!

I could not find the replay of sebicu's 470 yd drive.  But I'm betting it was on Cabo hole #5 with a good kick off a cart path, up the hill, good kick off a boulder, another kick off the cart path then roll onto the green.  Much like this replay of JJ656's 444yd drive on the same hole.

As YJ said, a freaky one!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 11:31 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Dobbyn

he would have made 470 with an i3...lol

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 12:25 PM

There are 2 Par 5's in Missouri where with the help of course knowledge 500yd drives are not uncommon....when I played everyday I averaged around 280yds a drive, on 1 of those holes that played 570 yds with the tee box high on a hill, I had a 2nd shot of 50yds to the hole several times thanks to the slope on the R side of the fairway and cart path, never more than a 100 yrds in....

Then there was the "British Open" a year or 2 ago where they were hitting mid irons 300 yrds the fairway was so fast,,,,

I watched a special on Dustin Johnson many years ago when he 1st turned pro, they were at a driving range and while the interviewer was asking questions, Dustin was bouncing 8i shots off the netting at the back of the range....

Just saying!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 12:37 PM

sky0diver:

The top money earlier (who shows in excess of 130 birdies If I recall correctly)

Holy hangin' gardens of Babylon Batman!  Did you say one hundred and thirty birdies?  Surely not?  That isn't possible.  He must be cheating!

Come back when you have 130 brain cells.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 3:01 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^ PMSL

It must be me then, so.........

Heyyyyyyyy WGT wheres my spondoolies.

Im just showing over 50 snots in my account for jeepers sake.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 4:54 PM

It's possible also to get drives in excess of 400 yards on St. Andrews with a heavy tail wind

RSS