Forums

Help › Forums

Nice and Friendly CC

Tue, Dec 24 2019 8:17 AM (338 replies)
  • WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 9:14 AM

If i had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.

• WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 7:31 AM

I was driving along a back road the other day when, all of a sudden, I hear a bang and feel a thump and my car pulls hard to one side and comes to a dead stop.  I get out and see that my right front wheel just fell off.  

So I'm looking around to get a bearing on my exact location to call the cops or a tow service and I see that I broke down right in front of a mental institution.  And there is this guy walking away from a lawn chair coming towards me, so I'm like thinking, oh great now what.  So he asks me what happened and I explained my wheel fell off.  He says, "Well, just take one lug nut from each of the other three wheels and that should get you home".  So, I'm like, "Wow, smart thinking, what, do you work here?"  And he says, "No, I'm a patient.  I'm crazy, not stupid".  I'll never forget that day.

• garland1914
    29 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 1:02 PM

woodyJeep,

am using your post with possible reply to this person as a reply to contact you.  hope this is alright.

i belong to station valley cc.  I joined in mid august and have repeatedly asked cc owner to accept me as friend so i could chat directly with him, hoping to get some guidance, suggestions, etc.  he has only played one round since i joined.  Almost three weeks ago, another member and i posted messages offering to volunteer our help to cc if he would accept our offer.  No response to either of us.

have attained to Tour Pro tier, having played 1170 ranked rounds to reach Level 91 with 68.76 average.  am member of WGT Nation.  am not bragging, as that is a poor record taking me that long (7+ months) to even reach that point.  Am up to 217 consecutive days though.  Reading some of your forum threads has really appealed to me as you mention your cc can offer help and suggestions, (possibly mentoring to a certain extent), participation in clashes and tournaments.  i tried too many different kinds of equipment starting out.   Was to cheap to spring for better balls, sticking with the 10 credit "rocks."  just last two months i have been using 500+ credit balls.  someone could have sat me down and explained that being cheap was going to hurt my progress.

What can i offer to your club?  Play regularly.  regularly use passes to support and add exp points to the cc.  if i had received even a little assistance i believe i would be further along.  proving that i would support your cc; att present cc which is approaching Level 6 which I think requires almost 1,500,000 ex points.  I have contributed 410,000 of those points.  i still struggle when participating in the competitions.  I am not usually a griper  or complainer about my experiences as it must see i have been about my present cc.

My concerns on leaving station valley cc are not many.  assume i will lose my exp points.  What about my consecutive playing days, do i have to start over with those.  i probably have not asked other questions that may be more important in the long run.  have tried to be upfront about weaknesses in my golf game.  Hope i haven't talked myself out of receiving an invitation from your club.   

I understand i have to quit the other club before you can give me an invitation.  However if you know i won't be given an invitation, could you hint that to me before i quit Station Valley.  There is another member that i know is interested in making this change as well.  He is at Level 85, has contributed almost 250,000 exp points to station valley, has just passed 150 consecutive days and averages 71.68.  He lives in London, drives a black cab for a living.  i will email him what i have said in this post.  Will quit tomorrow if you offer an invite to me.

thank you for your consideration of my post to you.  Look forward to hearing from you.

garland1914    a/k/a Jimmy G Conner    can be reached at jgconner@gmail.com as well.

• PhilWasHere
    49 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 12:30 PM

Hi - I'm looking for a new club.  I play daily and have 100's of friends.  also added 500K pts to my current club -- but it's dying and just looking for more fun.

• WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2017 2:04 PM

Garland, welcome to our club and I hope you enjoy your stay.  I have also inducted your friend.

Phil, I will send you an invite after you let me know you have resigned from your current club.  You will definitely have a lot more to do with us.

• WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2017 11:16 AM

I have searched and searched G**gle.  Can anybody tell me how to disable the autocorrect function on my spouse?

• WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 6:12 AM

Our club is very politically correct, which in this day and age you have to be.

For example, we don't ever call members fat, we just say they're easier to see.

• Craig20two
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 11:44 AM

Hi WoodyJeep.

I'm looking to join your CC if I can please.

Level 93 Master.  I play every day without fail. I've sent you a friend request.  If I'm able to join you CC then please let me know and I'll leave the CC I'm currently in (been there for a couple of years).

Cheers.

Craig20two

• WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 5:46 AM

Hey Craig,

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Have fun.

• Borat74
    2,791 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 3:10 PM

Thanks woody,joined another club,but your club seems a fun place to be and i wish you the best of luck with future players,Thanks  Paul(Borat74)

RSS