Forums

Help › Forums

When will Top Golf reassure recent players?

Sun, May 8 2016 8:53 PM (34 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 3:45 PM

I don't guess you've been here any length of time Fencer ... this game used to rarely have ANY playing problems, and when one cropped up, it was addressed and corrected within a few days. The whole site is a mess now ... been here 7 years off and on so I know ...

• rhinog
    42 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 3:46 PM

well said....just play.. if you dont like it ..go...

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 4:48 PM

I try to keep in mind there are three separate parts to the functioning of this game. The customer support, the technical support and the Moderators.

In my experience, the customer support has been very good. I recently wanted to gift someone a sleeve of Nikes. They were 5 dollars. I accidentally selected 50 dollars. I brought it to the attention of CS, and the difference was immediately reimbursed on my credit card. There are many examples others have provided in the various threads.

Our day to day interaction is with the Moderators. They are the "go betweens". I'm sure they read the threads and pass along our concerns or suggestions to the technical people. They also try to ensure the inmates aren't running the asylum, keep us up to date on the wgt news, and generally help out wherever they can. IMHO, they are a good bunch of lads with a thankless job.

The problem most of us experience is with the playability of the game...which belongs to the technical side. Widespread glitches are brought to the Mods attention, they pass the info on to the tech shop...and the following update we have more golf clubs to choose from? Clearly a disconnect or a "GAF" factor at play in the tech shop. 

ct

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2016 6:48 PM

ct690911:
    The problem most of us experience is with the playability of the game...which belongs to the technical side. Widespread glitches are brought to the Mods attention, they pass the info on to the tech shop...and the following update we have more golf clubs to choose from? Clearly a disconnect or a "GAF" factor at play in the tech shop. 

There ya go Colin, credibility of WGT actually being able to fix their game issues is at an all time low. It has been stated numerous times that " disconnection issues are our # 1 priority ", yet through many updates, discos have not been addressed, but new items have been added to the pro shop. Hmmmmm. I'll even go as far to say that WGT is completely incapable at this point of fixing their coding to correct these problems, and things are likely to get worse. Truly sad for those of us that have embraced this game from the git go, but, no one upstairs seems to give a rats ass.

Doc :(

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 1:37 AM

donsprintr:
    I don't guess you've been here any length of time Fencer ... this game used to rarely have ANY playing problems, and when one cropped up, it was addressed and corrected within a few days. The whole site is a mess now ... been here 7 years off and on so I know ...

Oh I'm so sorry Don, I have only been here for 4 yrs so I guess I have to bow to your undoubted superior experience and knowledge !! I know nothing of this game, I come on to play most days, but I suppose I must be blind and not see any problems, and yes it may have been better a while ago, but many may care to debate that one

If you had read my previous posts you will have noted that I acknowledge there are faults with the game. BUT and this is the kicker, I mostly shrug it off and play on, I come here to relax and have some time away from caring for my seriously disabled wife. Its not the end of the world if I get a meter glitch or some other MINOR problem.

Unfortunately nothing in this world is or ever will be perfect, just live with it and have fun

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 4:22 AM

In my 51/2 years here the game glitches have, unfortunately,  increased with each update.

However, they are nothing more than minor inconveniences, not ideal but I can live with them. The actual gameplay is very reliable and stable, yes there are disconnections in multi-player games but It has been a long long time since I have been playing in a game and diconnections have brought it to an end.

I play everyday, mostly strokeplay and alt shot with friends without any real problems. 

There is an item in the pro shop that could help those who do not share my opinion -

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 5:12 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ can they be used on the jap one.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 5:14 AM

bubbsboy:

^^^^^^^^^^^ can they be used on the jap one.

Yes indeed, once you are at mastur level.  ;)

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 5:30 AM

I accidentally selected 50 dollars. 

ct,   nice to know i am not the only one who has done that. I was going to put 5 dollars in my account & accidentally selected the 50 dollar option too. I just left it there. Figured i would need it eventually anyway. So i tell my wife about it & her reply was (honest to God's truth) "Well, given some of the stupid s*#t i've seen you do over the years, on a scale of 1 to 10, this probably only rates about a 3". Knowing what i do about myself, i was only slightly insulted.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, May 7 2016 5:50 AM

When one plays WGT and finds fault with the play of the game or the company operating the game, alternatives need to be considered. Perhaps purchasing a game box  like PlayStation could be a solution. Or perhaps moving on to the Winning Putt game would be a possible answer.

We all are in charge of many things in our lives. However, there are things we cannot change or control and we need to know what they are. WGT , as part of the entertainment business, is something that we cannot control. My Cubs are a part of that same entertainment industry and you can see how little the fans affect the company that owns the team. Prices and salaries go up but they still can't find a formula to win a World Series.

Play the game or move to another distracting entertainment vehicle that keeps you from thinking about a mundane life. For that is what entertainment does.

RSS