Forums

Help › Forums

who is the best player in the game?

Mon, Mar 5 2018 11:11 PM (244 replies)
  • krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 10:27 AM

mkg335:
    A good player doesn't have to say something like, "I'm top 20."  I know you qualified the statement by saying it was with a short timer, but the hubris still comes through.

I kind of agree with this sentiment, really good players don't brag and place themselves in a hierarchy with the best. At least that's the way i was raised, humble, yet confident.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:11 AM

krskfr:

mkg335:
    A good player doesn't have to say something like, "I'm top 20."  I know you qualified the statement by saying it was with a short timer, but the hubris still comes through.

I kind of agree with this sentiment, really good players don't brag and place themselves in a hierarchy with the best. At least that's the way i was raised, humble, yet confident.

A similar upbringing to many Canucks...we're kind of like Shaolin Monks...'cept we can't fight like them, unless we drop gloves during a Hockey game..:)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:29 AM

fatdan:

WigerToods2010:

If it was it would be one event  I'd be happy to come second every time.

I would be happy to come in last...my training would be just as intense as anybodies, assuming I could get enough sparring partners!

LOL

Ahh...  sweet memories.

:)

~~~~~~

@Michael:

I'd like to try that 30 second timer, honest. Fancy a game?

No BS, no I'm out to prove I'm a better player. Purely and simply I'm interested to see yourself play in what I consider a tough time constraint - especially in multiplayer mode - as I myself tend to be penalised a stroke or two for too much chatting.

Any course/settings, don't matter as we'd both be playing the same conditions.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:36 AM

WigerToods2010:
    @Michael:

I'd like to try that 30 second timer, honest. Fancy a game?

No BS, no I'm out to prove I'm a better player. Purely and simply I'm interested to see yourself play in what I consider a tough time constraint - especially in multiplayer mode - as I myself tend to be penalised a stroke or two for too much chatting.

Any course/settings, don't matter as we'd both be playing the same conditions.

Sounds great to me.  I always appreciate a good game, and I'm not out to "prove myself" either.  Like I stated earlier, I picked the clock, so I welcome my opponent to pick the course.  Now if you pick Chambers or Pebble, be prepared for me to be pedestrian.  I quit the game for several months and I don't have a plethora of experience on either course.

When do you wanna do it?

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 11:50 AM

Now will be fine, Michael.

Going green as I type. You choose wherever too. Can I pick the actual greens though? I don't mean speed - I mean 9 greens akin to St. Andrews' No.1 will be fine. :)

Fire away...

Edit: Another time Michael. It'll happen. Bud request sent - feel free to delete after round.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 12:07 PM

WigerToods2010:

Now will be fine, Michael.

Going green as I type. You choose wherever too. Can I pick the actual greens though? I don't mean speed - I mean 9 greens akin to St. Andrews' No.1 will be fine. :)

Fire away...

Edit: Another time Michael. It'll happen. Bud request sent - feel free to delete after round.

No problem.  I'm usually invisible, but I'll go green while I watch some football.  I'll be in and out today.  Got laundry and stuff, but I'm close-by.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 12:40 PM

MichaelStroke:
    No problem.  I'm usually invisible, but I'll go green while I watch some football.  I'll be in and out today... but I'm close-by.

Ditto.

20:40 here as I post. I'll be around  till wee small hours (1am or so here).

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 1:21 PM

WigerToods2010:

MichaelStroke:
    No problem.  I'm usually invisible, but I'll go green while I watch some football.  I'll be in and out today... but I'm close-by.

Ditto.

20:40 here as I post. I'll be around  till wee small hours (1am or so here).

Well played Johnny.  I just couldn't get it together that game.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 1:40 PM

Just checked Johnny's page and saw that you guys played at BofP4, got to be the toughest layout here.  Johnny's a strong player, too...no shame in losing to him anywhere, also would be no shame in losing to Michael.  Best part is that it appears you guys enjoyed the match, good on yer.

Damn, wife must've spiked the eggnog, I've grown mellow and maudlin here...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2015 2:06 PM

Well done lads. That's what it's all about. Bit of fun and frolics

RSS